Yekaterina Gamova

by Katya from Bui

I'm going to tell you about my hero. Her name is Yekaterina Gamova. She is a very talented Russian volleyball player, and now she has become a sports celebrity. Kate was born in Chelyabinsk, Russia, October 17th, 1980. There she started to do sports at the age of nine. In 2000 she was a champion of Russia.

You can ask me why she is my hero. The answer is: she was a captain of the Russian national volleyball team and a fearless player. I've seen a lot of matches with her participation, and every time I can't help admiring her play. It's amazing! Kate is the perfect volleyball player for me. But didn't I explain why she is such an amazing gamer? When our national team was in trouble, Kate was always ready to help. She does her best to support her team. If some unpredictable situations happen, Yekaterina shows herself like a brave captain and a real leader. Being a great player and a courageous person, she has become a role model for me.

Nowadays, Kate's mastership has inspired me to start playing volleyball too. I can be very grateful to her. I cannot boast of playing in our national team, but I 've been a part of our school volleyball team this season.

I think that it's Yekaterina Gamova who has helped me understand what volleyball is for me.

Yekaterina Gamova - The My Hero Project. SPORTS HERO: YEKATERINA GAMOVA