Yiliang Peng

by Chris from Mission Viejo

"I''m the greatest. everyone else is trash."
Doublelift on gameday
Doublelift on gameday

Being a professional gamer is not easy; it takes hundreds of hours to be even good at a video game, but being great takes thousands of hours. When I first started playing this game I never knew that there was a competitive side to it. I found this competitive side to it and realized how amazing it was and how fun the games were to watch, and one person stuck out to me, Doublelift. Every time he came on the camera I was filled with enjoyment with what he was saying and how he made the broadcast much more enjoyable. At the time I realized I wanted to play this game competitively just like he did and be like him.

In the life of an esports player, you live a very different life from most people. You live in a house of about a dozen people who are related to your team, either being players or management or are a part of the same schedule as yours. After you wake up, you go and practice for the rest of the day with your team until it's time to go to bed. You do this every day until you go to play your games in the broadcasting studio live for the world to see and watch.

When Doublelift was in his teen years he loved playing video games and wanted to do something with them as a career. His parents did not like this and when he was 18 kicked him out of their house, where he was picked up by a man who allowed Doublelift to live with him for an extended period of time. He later came to be known as the best player in North America in his early career. Now he's still at the top dominating on a regional level on his team Counter Logic Gaming,

Doublelift has made the esports scene much bigger and much more enjoyable to watch. Bringing big personalities to the area of entertainment makes it all the more better. He loves playing this game and it is his passion which hypes all the viewers up to see these matches and the victors. It makes video games more competitive and this esports scene more exciting.

After I graduate high school, I plan on postponing college to pursue this dream that I have realized would be an amazing lifestyle. I would want to be the best player in the world, and have the best team in the world. Being the best doesn't mean everything though, I would love and care to my fanbase as much as I could to make them happy. I would want to be like Yiliang-Doublelift-Peng.