Yitzhak Rabin

by Inbar from San Diego

(he.wikipedia.org ())
(he.wikipedia.org ())

"When the country of Jordan entered the war in June 1967, he saw it as an historic opportunity to finish the battle for Jerusalem" this quote explains how he saw a threat as an opportunity to make peace. Yitzhak Rabin was born on March 1, 1992 and died on November 4, 1995, he was an Israeli general, politician, and statesman. He made peace between Israel and Jordan and won a Nobel Prize. Yitzhak Rabin was born in Jerusalem and was raised in Tel Aviv, On 1978 the Nobel Prize for peace was given to him, On 1995 Yitzhak Rabin gave the speech on the Oslo Agreement and got shot. Yitzhak Rabin is more than just a politician, he inspires people to see bad things as good thing, like how Rabin saw the joining of Jordan to the war as an opportunity to make peace, even though it was a threat for others. Yitzhak Rabin possesses more than just a peacemaker, he has the ability to grow and change from previous and current mistakes. He puts others first and he is trustworthy.

Yitzhak Rabin made peace between Israel and Jordan with and because of his the ability to grow and change from previous and current mistakes. During the Six-Day War Yitzhak Rabin came with the idea to make peace between Israel and Jordan: "When Jordan joined the war in June 1967, Rabin saw it as an historic opportunity to finish the battle for Jerusalem he had started in 1948" (Fischbach) Instead of seeing the joining to the war of Jordan as a threat, Rabin saw it as an opportunity to make peace. Yitzhak Rabin saw the good things when it was bad. In 1967 Rabin got an admonishment from David Ben-Gurion, but he didn't stop to try and make peace and to win the war: "Though he suffered from a breakdown due to a forceful admonishment from David Ben-Gurion, Israel's first prime minister, Rabin had shaped and organized the country's military to win the Six-Day War of 1967, taking over Arab territories" (A&E Networks). Even though Rabin had a breakdown due to a forceful admonishment, he kept organizing the war so Israel would win the Six-Day War and take over Arab territories, he didn't stop making peace and winning the war when there was hard times. Yitzhak Rabin never stopped making peace, organizing the country and to stop the war, he always thinks how he can change, how he can make peace and stop the terrorism. Even when it was a hard time for him he never stopped thinking of peace and the safety of others. Yitzhak Rabin had the ability to grow and change from previous and current mistakes, he can change anything and make peace with a desire, he would do anything to make peace and make people be and feel safe.

(www.nrg.co.il ())
(www.nrg.co.il ())

With the ability of putting others first Yitzhak Rabin made peace and made people be and feel safe in their own country. Yitzhak Rabin was involved in an anti-british underground activity, but he never stopped thinking of others: "Rabin himself was involved in anti-British underground activity, and at one point in 1946 he was caught and sentenced to six months in a detention camp" (Encyclopedia of World). Even though he did not have to join army and be involved in anti-British underground activity he got caught and he still kept people safe and he didn't care about the consequences, all he cared about was his people and their safety. Yitzhak Rabin knew that he might get caught by joining the underground activity but he didn't think about getting caught, or killed, he thought about how he can make people live in peace and feel safe. Instead of going to school and learn and enrich, he went to the army to fight for peace: "He had ambitions of becoming an agronomist and was a lauded student at Kadoorie Agricultural School, but instead joined the Palmach, a Jewish underground commando unit, during World War II" (A&E Networks) instead of going to school and learn he thought how he could save people from dying and make them safe during the war. Yitzhak Rabin did not think about how he can learn and enrich he thought about other people and how the can be safe by joining the commando unit of the army. Yitzhak Rabin put others first, he gave all of his life for making peace and making people be safe, he did dangerous things, but he did not care about the consequences.

Yitzhak Rabin was trustworthy, he always trusted his people and his people always trusted him. Rabin was fun shotted after his speech for peace in Tel-Aviv: "On November 4, 1995, after speaking at a Tel Aviv peace rally, Rabin was gunned down and killed by Yigal Amir, an Israeli law student and right-wing extremist" (A&E Networks ) Rabin trust his people even though he knew that anyone could be a terrorist and kill him, so he did not wear a bulletproof vest, also because, he wanted the people to see how he trusted them to keep him safe as he kept them. Though he was trustworthy, he trusted his people too much, and he got killed, but he inspired the people by showing them that he did trust them and he "gave his life" to keep them safe. On summer 1948 Yitzhak Rabin became the chief of operations: "In the summer of 1948, Rabin became the chief operations officer and deputy commander on the southern front and helped plan the October 1948-January 1949 campaign against Egyptian forces in the Negev desert" (Biographical Encyclopedia). people trusted Yitzhak Rabin to be the chief operations officer and deputy commander Even though to be the chief operations officer and deputy commander on the southern front people trusted him to have this very important job, and they trusted him that he can do it.

Yitzhak Rabin was trustworthy and trusted his people, he did not fear from people, he trusted them and knew that they trusted him. For the whole life of Yitzhak Rabin he had the ability to grow and change from previous and current mistakes, he always put others first and he was trustworthy. Yitzhak Rabin always trusted his people, he changed people's minds, he made peace, and he loved helping and solving problems, Rabin died, but he left the very special feeling in all of us, of being kind, always help, and see bad as good. Yitzhak Rabin inspires me because throughout his whole life he always helped, trusted others and saw bad as good, he made peace between two foe countries, and he put others first. Yitzhak Rabin is inspiring because he Promoted awareness of the importance of peace and he showed people that enemies aren't always enemies they can also be friends. Yitzhak Rabin is my hero and will always be.

"Yitzhak Rabin Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, Jan.-Feb. 2016. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.

"Yitzhak Rabin." Biographical Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa. Ed. Michael R. Fischbach.

Detroit: Gale, 2008. Biography in Context. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.

"Yitzhak Rabin." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Student Resources in Context. Web. 2 Feb. 2016

"Yitzhak Rabin." Newsmakers. Detroit: Gale, 1996. Research in Context. Web. 3 Feb. 2016.