Younes El Aynaoui

by Jawad from OUEDZEM

My hero is Younes El Aynaoui . He is a Moroccan professional tennis player. Now he has about forty one years old. He was born in September 12th , 1971. His own city is Rabat. El Aynaoui is really a popular and famous person in Morocco and all over the world.

Younes El Aynaoui has a good career. It is full of performances and accomplishments. He is my hero because he is the first and the only Arab tennis player who ranked a career-high World Number 14. In December 2009 he was qualified to participate in the ATP Champions; Tour Tournament in London, where he made his debut as a wild card at the senior tour. He played well. He could vanquish different players thanks to his skills and his special way of playing.

My favorite player captured plenty of tour titles: Amsterdam in 1999, Bucharest and Lyon in 2001, Doha and Munich in 2003 ... But after that El Aynaoui suffered a broken right ankle. He had surgery on his ankle. He stopped playing and ranked World Number 444 at that time. It was really a big shock for Moroccan people.

After a few seasons El Aynaoui made a comeback. He participated in some tournaments and realized positive results, especially in the Casablanca Open (2008) and Qatar Exxon Mobil Open (2010). The last performance accomplished by Younes was on the Marrakesh Tour. And thanks to this victory, the Center Court in Marrakesh is named after "El Aynaoui"...

Moroccan people are proud of Younes El Aynaoui, our great tennis player. He really deserves to be my hero.

By: Jawad Salhi