Zinedine Zidane

by Pierre from Dax

Zidane kissing the world cup
Zidane kissing the world cup

General presentation: I'm going to write about Zinedine Zidane who is a former famous French football player. He is famous because he allowed France to win the football World Cup in 1998.

Zidane with UEFA Champions League cup
Zidane with UEFA Champions League cup

Biography : Zinedine Yazid Zidane, was born on June 23 of 1972 in Marseille,France. Zidane learnt to play football in his neighbourhood in Marseille (south-east of France). He was discovered by AS Cannes in French Football Federation training at 14 years old by recruiter Jean Varraud. He made his first professional appearance in AS Cannes at 17 years old. From 1992 he played for F.C.G.Bordeaux. He was transferred to the famous Italian club of Series A, Juventus F.C. With the Juventus he won in two years the Italian Super Cup, UEFA super Cup, an Intercontinental Cup and two Series A titles. In 2001 Zidane signed a contract with Real Madrid (Spanish club) the price of his transfer was a world record (66 millions of dollars). With the Real Madrid, Zidane won the UEFA Champions League in his first year and the Liga BBVA the year following. Zidane played for France for 12 years (1994-2006). He stopped his career after his third world cup in 2006 in Germany where the France lost in final versus Italy.

Why is a hero ? This player is a hero because a lot of reasons: - He allowed France to win competitions like the World Cup in 1998 or the Euro 2000. - He had the gold ball in 1998. - He won a lot of titles with his different clubs.

Why I choose this person ? I've chosen Zinedine Zidane because he represents the best year of French international football and for me he is the greatest football player ever.