Zinedine Zidane

by Charlotte from LE TEIL

My favourite hero is Zinedine Zidane. He lives in Marseille, he was born on 23rd June 1972, so he is now 41 years old. He is my favourite hero because he is very philanthropic. He helps sick children with an association called ELA. Zidane is a hero because he achieves incredible feats, therefore, he is a example for children. He overcame his physical limits in football. With each match, he outdoes himself. He has the feet on the ground in spite of his celebrity. Moreover, he marked the world of football with his records. He was appointed the best player of the year in all the championships in which he took part. It's an important person for me because he is very strong mentally and physically. He is very generous and he thinks about others. For children who like football, he represents hope because he realized his dreams. He is according to the BBC the best European player in history. He impressed me because it is thanks to his achievements with the team that France won the world cup in 2006. On a football field, he is respectful and not vulgar. To finish, I think even athletes can be heroes.