Zaida Rodriguez

by Giovanna from Santa Maria

This is my mom, my hero
This is my mom, my hero

My hero is Zaida Rodriguez. She is my mother and a very good hero. My mother inspires me to do better every day. My hero has been with me even before I was born because she had me in her stomach for seven and a half months. My hero my be a bit old but I love her with all my heart. My hero is a special person in my life.

My hero has been at my side when I mostly need her. When I have a problem she helps me resolve it or gives me advices in solving it. She has been there when times are hard - for example: when my father got sick she made me realize that my dad will get better one day . My hero has motivated me to continued to go on to a four year college. That is what my hero has done.

My hero lives in Santa Maria, CA. But she was born in Mocorito Sinaloa, Mexico. My hero has lived in the United States for more than 30 years. Ever since she married my father and they moved to Santa Maria. She tells me she is proud of where she is from and were she lives right now.

My hero comes from a big Mexican family. She has twelve brothers and sisters. My hero did not have the same opportunities as I do. My hero only got to third grade in elementary school but that did not stop her from working at a very popular store which was Wal-Mart. My hero was very poor when she grew up. Her mother had to work to raise her and her other four brothers. That was because her father passed away when she was six. Even though she was poor and without that much education she is the best hero a person could have.

My hero is very important to me because she is the one who brought me to life. My hero has gave me many things I have right now. She has let me experience many good trips that we have taken together. But the most important things my hero has done for me is brought me to this wonderful life. My hero is the most precious flower that is in my garden and that no one can take away from my heart because she will always be in it.