Zoey

by Troy from Plaistow

"Woof"
My life is a very interesting one of not many words and full of fur. I may be a dog but I am most definitely very idolized by my family members. I am just like a person, I have feelings and I help comfort my family when they need it. Every time my family members eat I always make my way over to their side and keep them company as I help them to finish their breakfast, lunch or dinner whenever they need it. Sometimes my family has this water coming from their eyes and I always tend to go over and lay my head down on them, and it seems to make them stop so I think I am doing something nice for my family. When there is food on the ground or some form of drink I always will pick it up for them and they always tell me "good girl" or pat me on the head so I know I am helping them out because they then don't have to bring out that big scary machine. I have had trouble with other dogs in my life, I have been attacked by two dogs (one was a pit bull and the other one was just some sort of dog) but I had done nothing to provoke this. Throughout my life I have been nothing but nice to everyone in my family, but now there is a new dog in the house and she is the biggest pain in the butt. Lexi keeps me up all night, tries and steals the food Troy feeds me, jumps on me, and never leaves me alone but I am somewhat in some ways happy that there is someone around to keep me company and keep me young, because I am getting up there in age. Besides these two attacks I have almost died when I had fallen through the ice for a tennis ball because I love them so much (I also love to play in the snow). Lastly, I love to swim, go for walks, exercise in the pool with Troy, go for car rides, play with my babies, eat treats and have Troy bring me upstairs and downstairs every night to sleep with my family.

The person I decided to interview was my brother because he is someone who loves Zoey very much and they share a strong bond.  I first asked if Seth would ever have his hero be an animal and he said, "Yes, of course I would and in fact Zoey would be one of my heroes," which answered my next question about if he would ever consider Zoey a hero.  When I asked Seth about what makes someone a hero he said, "Some one who is very independent and impacts the lives of others through which they idolize that hero," and I followed with the question do you think Zoey shares these characteristics.  Seth replied with a, "Yes," and then answered a question I didn't even get to ask by saying, "People need heroes no matter who they are."  I asked my brother if Zoey has done anything that fits his reference of what a hero is and if he thinks Zoey has had a hero," so he them told me, "Yes because she has helped me through many things but if I had to say she had a hero it would probably be her mother or father."  The last 2 questions were about the actions in which Zoey has done to prove that she could be a hero, so he said, "Yes, because she is always there for me and she is such a nice animal overall, making others in the family very happy."  Next, he answered my question about what she has done personally for him and he told me that whenever he goes to her she just makes him happy and realize things that he wouldn't normally realize if she had never entered our lives. 

I know Zoey may be my dog, but she is just like a person but very furry and is not able to talk with words but she is my best friend. Whenever I need someone to talk to or vent to, I go to her because she won't judge me on what I have to say.  She will also just sit there and have to listen to me but she is a very intelligent dog.  She is a very intelligent dog because she knows what we are saying to her most of the time even though she is a doggy.  When we say certain words to her she is able to understand them which helps us out so we don't have to get all frustrated with her or ourselves.  Zoey also knows when members of our family are sad because she will then go over to that family member and sit next to them, look at them or lay on them which tells us that she is there for us.  Due to these actions she helps to show us that she cares for us just as much as we care for her.  Lastly, Zoey is someone I look up to or idolize because of her personality and noble qualities, she is always there for us when we need her so I therefore want to induct Zoey into the "Hero Hall of Fame."    

Hero Dog Awards - My hero could be on this website because she has helped me as well as these animals has helped others.