Aimee Mullins

by Margarida from Toronto

Amiee Mullins
Amiee Mullins

Ordinary Person

My Hero is Aimee Mullins. Aimee Mullins is a person like any of us. She went to school and attended Parkland High School and Georgetown University. Her favourite subject is History. She was born is Pennsylvania.

Aimee loves to play sports. Some of the sports she likes are skiing, soccer and softball. In school she would join a lot of sports teams. She would have to run around to get on time to classes she would go from soccer to softball and then she would only have a 2 minute break to eat something.

After school Aimee would go to a modeling school. She would pose for magazines and she has been on TV. Also when she had some spare time she would go and give money to a charity.

Extra Ordinary Circumstances:

Aimee has been through many obstacles. She was born with Fibular Hemimelia which means that she had missing fibula bones. (the shins)

When she was one year, old she had to have her legs cut off but that didn’t stop her from doing what she loves.

When she was in high school she tried out for the cross country team.

Odds Stacked Against Her

Aimee had a lot of odds stacked against her. She was usually the only one with prosthetic legs. She had to push herself to succeed.

Accomplishments

Although she's had a lot of obstacles, she's had a lot of success too. She was named U.S.A's Track and field disabled athlete of the year. I can not imagine how hard she worked to get this title.

She also broke the national record and world recorded for long jump 100 to 200 meters.

Aimee was named "The 50 most beautiful people in the world". She was named this by People Magazine.

Powered by NopCommerce