AALIYAH

by Nicole Marky from New York

Aaliyah's album
Aaliyah's album

A hero is a person who is brave and courageous and takes every second of her life to make the best of it. The performer Aaliyah was a brilliant women who took the best of her life and lived it like no one else had done. On August 25, 2001, she died in a plane crash. It was a tragedy for all people who loved her. Many people knew and loved Aaliyha, and many people still care and love her.

She is my hero. She was an important actress and singer. She was a hero to many others. She was brave and accomplished many goals. With all her inner strength and ability, she made it through and accomplished so much. Aaliyah was amazing at her career and sang from the bottom of her heart. Her enthusiasm and strength to stay on the ball of success were amazing. She did her work and still had time to live her life as a ride. Aaliyah said her name means, "highest, most exalted one." My hero Aaliyah is an amazing women and she will always be the one hero to me!

On August 25, 2001, at 6:45 p.m., Aaliyah was on her way to be a star and to live her dream, when something awful happened. The their twin-engine Cessna was lifting off the runway with the nose down, and it went down in a marsh near the end of Runway 27 in Marsh Harbor. Aaliyah was on her way to Abaco Island in the Bahamas to make a new video for her album. Fans and family were devastated when they found out the news the next day.

Aaliyah was a strong person inside. She is my hero because she did many things and had the power to make her dream come true. Ever since she was a young kid, she took singing lessons to make her dream come true. She sang professionally as a child and released her first album when she was 14 years old. In 1996, she released "ONE IN A MILLION," and by the end of the 1990's, she was working in the movies as an actress and composer. She performed with Jet Li in "Romeo Must Die" in 2000, and her song "Try Again" was a hit single. At the time of her death, she had agreed to star in Anne Rice's "Queen of the Damned" in 2001 as well as the sequel to the 1999 Keanu Reeves film, "The Matrix." Aaliyah was a very successful women and achieved so much in the time she lived.

Aaliyah was a happy person. She made millions and achieved so much in a lifetime. She was a brilliant singer and actress and did the best that she could do. All the people will remember her for her success and her brilliant life. At the MTV Awards, Aaliyah won for best female R&B artist. During the ceremony, Monica, who presented that category, accepted Aaliyah’s award in her honor.

Aaliyah still had the ability to make a difference in the world. The Aaliyah Memorial Fund was created so the general public could support causes that Aaliyah found important. Some of the things include the Revlon/UCLA Women's Breast Cancer Research Program, the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center's Breast Examination Center, the National Breast Cancer Coalition and Step-up Women's Network. In her passion, Aaliyah was committed to provide for those in need by donating money to the National Alzheimer's Association and the Alzheimer's Association of Los Angeles. Breast cancer was a personal battle in her family. Her grandparents battled Alzheimer's, diabetes and breast cancer. Aaliyah was committed to make a difference in the world and try to help out those people in need of help. Aaliyah's family will commit to what they know Aaliyah always wanted to do: make a difference in someone’s life.

aaliyah.com - tells about her family and death