AJ STYLES

by AJ Mitchell from Wesley Chapel, Florida in United States

My hero is AJ Styles, a wrestler in the WWE.  To you he may just be a wrestler, but he's a hero to me.

He was born on June 2, 1977, in Jacksonville, North Carolina.    His real name is Allen Neal Jones, and was actually born on a military base, Camp Lejune.   He had a sad childhood, and his father drank a lot and mistreated him.   He was very poor and his family couldn't afford many things.  He didn't have cable, so didn't even watch wrestling when he was little.

He moved to Gainesville, Georgia, and graduated high school.  He went to Anderson University in South Carolina on a partial wrestling scholarship, then decided to try professional wrestling.   He didn't earn much, so he also worked as an ambulance driver and mowed lawns.   He started small with National Championship wrestling and was renamed AJ Styles  in December 1999.   He has wrestled for a lot of years, and has not been perfect but he keeps on trying.   Last November 7, he became the WWE Champion!

He got married to Wendy in 2000 and they have 3 sons and one daughter.  He is a Christian, and loves Christian hip hop music.  He says that God is first and then his family is second.  That's why he's my hero.  Not many wrestlers would stand up and say that they love God, but he does.  He doesn't care what others think, he is a child of God and is not ashamed to let the world know!

AJ Styles - search