Albert Einstein

by Kayden Barfuss from Burley, Idaho in United States

Einstein was born in 1879. His father (Hermann Einstein) was a salesman and engineer who founded a company (Elektrotechnische Fabrik J. Einstein & Cie) with his brother. Einstein had a younger sister born two year after him.

During elementary school, Einstein had a speech challenge. He grew to like classical music and learned to play the violin.

Einstein met Milena Maric while attending school in Zurich. They began to see each other more and more, even though their parents didn’t agree, and were married in 1903. They had two sons, Hans Einstein and Eduard Einstein. Hans became a well-known hydraulic engineer and Eduard was diagnosed with schizophrenia at a young age. They later divorced in 1919.

Einstein then wrote a letter to the president to notify him of a Nazi bomb. The U.S. later started the Manhattan Project, though Einstein would not take direct part in its implementations.

After his death in 1955, many books have been written and lots of videos have been published in memory of his life and his theories that have now been used in schools for teaching.