ANIMATED FILMS FOR CHILDREN

Animated Short Films for Children

Films curated from the MY HERO film library for a younger audience.

Animated Shorts Younger Children

The Peace of Wild Things

Katy Wang
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry

The Ocean We Want To Know

Produced by:Macgillivray Freeman Films
One World One Ocean's new animated video celebrates the wonders of the ocean with stunning facts about our connection to the planet's lifeline.

The Present

Produced by:Dir. Anna Matacz
Jake spends most of his time playing videogames indoors until his mum decides to give him a present.

Hummingbird [excerpt from dirt! THE MOVIE]

Produced by:Bill Benenson, Gene Rosow, & Eleonore Dailly
Wangari Maathai shares a simple story to illustrate a powerful point.

All the Way to the Ocean

By: Joel Harper
A story about two friends and their discovery of the relationship between our cities' storm drains and the world's oceans, lakes and rivers.

The Chameleon's True Colors

Produced by:Carolyn Downie
A colorful chameleon learns to be himself in a fun song that celebrates diversity, individuality and friendship.

Anyone Can....

Avni Reddy Choudepally
When one little bunny looks up to see a balloon, everything changes. This short animation shows that anything is possible no matter who or what you are.

The Plastic Perils of The Pacific

Produced by:Brandon & Carlene Strathmann
Pollution is not a species-specific problem.

Fear of Flying

Ernie Berger
A young bird and a sea turtle share madcap misadventures in a coming-of-age "buddy" story.

Cool the Climate! [Trailer]

Denis Thomopoulos

Simon the Hippo and friends go on a song-filled adventure while learning about the world's changing climate.

Mig Said Series: Lets be Friends

Produced by:Pongo Kuo
Sometimes we all find friends in unlikely places.

Staying Well with Coach West

Produced by:Carolyn Hodge-West, Jessica Ordaz, Emma Garcia, Nicole Petrovsky, Je...
Coach West helps navigate you through the emotional fallout of COVID-19 with helpful tips.

Harvest

Jessica Ordaz, Jennifer Bose, Emma Garcia, Camila Maldonado, Felicia Paredes
An old woman who can't tend her garden anymore abandons it, so a curious crow decides to take over.

Who is Jim Henson?

Jessica Ordaz
Learn all about the creator of the Muppets.

Binding Adventures

Mikylah Spangenberg
June and Timothy Watts are late for their train. What will the rest of their adventure entail?

Mouk - The Cloud Catcher

Produced by:François Narboux and Millimages
Mouk and Chavapa are in the Atacama Desert in Chile. Part of a series produced by Millimages.

The Bridge

Produced by:Jeton Neziraj
A lovely animated tale of a special bridge. Kosovo

Mr. Blue Sky

Produced by:Michael Patterson & Candace Reckinger - Song by ELO
An imaginative interpretation of the ELO song Mr. Blue Sky.

The World's Largest Lesson

Produced by:Produced by: Helen Argo / Directed by: Sarah Cox
Everyone must work together to achieve the 17 Global Goals for sustainable development.

AMAI The Bird of Light

Produced by:Fauzia Minallah from PAKISTAN
Amai wants children to know their world, love and respect it and work for making it a humane one.

Enchant

Produced by:Adonna Finchum
Through magic and mishap, a new form of understanding and appreciation is formed in the bond of two mystical siblings.

¡GUAU GUAU!

Shanelle Serrato-Muñoz
The film tells the story of a young Mexican girl as she tries to gain the trust of an apprehensive stray dog in a street market.

Twisted Tale Cinda Real [excerpt]

By: Sara Bozanic

Cinda Real (a take on the Cinderella), a story about a girl who is stigmatised for having only one leg and her intention to come to a dance, “only to dance”. (Has Subtitles)

Organizer created on 12/16/2021 12:51:19 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 12/27/2023 3:54:47 PM by Laura Nietzer