Arnaud Beltrame

by Khemarre from France

A hero is a brave person, he always helps other people who need help. He is generous, brave, nice and he is concerned when people are in danger. A hero is not afraid to give his life to save other people.

124425Arnaud BeltrameArnaud BeltrameArnaud Beltrame was born on 18 April 1973 and he was murdered on 24 March 2018 aged 44. He was a lieutenant colonel in the French National Gendarmerie and deputy commander of the Departemental Gendarmerie's Aude. He is a hero because he gave his life to save the hostages of a terrorist attack. On 24 March 2018 at about 11 AM in the Super U of Thrèbes, terrorist Redouane Lakdim took hostage the customers and the staff. He killed a customer, one butcher, one passenger in of the car he stole and the lieutenant colonel Arnaud Beltrame who took the place of the hostages and he was wounded by the terrorist. At 2:40 PM, the GIGN intervened and shot down the terrorist. Arnaud Beltrame died during the night at the hospital. The President Emanuel Macron said that Beltrame deserved "The respect and admiration of the whole nation".

I feel inspired by his life because I want to be a officer in the army and I want to be a hero.