ORGANIZER

Art of Saint George on MY HERO

Videos, portraits and art posters

A collection of people deserving of note in history: Katherine Johnson, John Lewis, Marian Anderson, Nkosi Johnson, and Florence Ngobeni.

Black History Month Feature Banner Artwork
Credit: Saint George

Saint George Thompson shares his Art on MY HERO

Video by Saint George

St. George Thompson shares his process on creating art and illustrations and publishing his portfolio online on MY HERO.

John Lewis Portrait

By: Saint George

John Robert Lewis is an American politician and civil rights leader. He is the U.S. Representative for Georgia's 5th congressional district, serving since 1987, and is the dean of the Georgia congressional delegation. 

Katherine Johnson

By: Saint George
Katherine Coleman Goble Johnson is an African-American physicist and mathematician who made contributions to the United States' aeronautics and space programs with the early application of digital electronic computers at NASA

Marian Anderson Portrait

By: Saint George
Marian Anderson was an American contralto and one of the most celebrated singers of the twentieth century. Music critic Alan Blyth said: "Her voice was a rich, vibrant contralto of intrinsic beauty

Florence Ngobeni

By: St George Thompson

Toni Morrison Portrait by St George

By: Saint George
Toni Morrison is an American novelist, editor, and Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. Her novels are known for their epic themes, vivid dialogue, and richly detailed characters.

Ralph Abernathy Portrait

By: Saint George
Ralph David Abernathy, Sr. was a leader of the Civil Rights Movement, a minister, and a close friend of Martin Luther King Jr..

Aretha Franklin

By: Saint George Thompson

Barbara Jordan

By: Saint George
Barbara Charline Jordan was a lawyer, educator, an American politician, and a leader of the Civil Rights Movement.

Portrait of Marvin Gaye

By: Saint George
Marvin Gaye, aka the "prince of Motown" and "Prince of Soul," was a singer, songwriter and record producer who helped shape the "Motown sound."

Nat King Cole Portrait by St George

By: Saint George
Nat King Cole was a crooner in the best sense of the word. Because of his popularity, he had the first African-American hosted TV show

Louis Armstrong Portrait

By: Saint George Thompson

Leontyne Price by Saint George

By: Saint George
Mary Violet Leontyne Price is a soprano. Born and raised in Mississippi, she was one of the first African Americans to sing opera at the Metropolitan Opera.

Portrait of Jacob Lawrence

By: Saint George

Nkosi Johnson

By: Saint George
Nkosi Johnson was a South African child with HIV/AIDS, who made a powerful impact on public perceptions of the pandemic and its effects before his death at the age of 12. He was ranked fifth amongst SABC3's Great South Africans.

Portrait of Betye Saar

By: Saint George

Portrait of Charles White

By: Saint George

Check out the portraits below and then view the short films next to each portrait - Saint George has created companion videos of his process to help students learn how to draw portraits of their heroes.

Portrait of Breonna Taylor

By: Saint George
Time Lapse Breonna Taylor
Produced by:Saint George

George Floyd

By: Saint George
George Floyd was a victim of police brutality. The local protests fueled by social media became global protests.

George Floyd Timelapse

Produced by:by Saint George - a process film of his illustration

George Floyd Timelapse - illustration process video by Saint George

Portrait of Tony McDade

By: Saint George
Tony McDade
Produced by:Saint George

Portrait of David McAtee

By: Saint George
David McAtee time lapse
Produced by:Saint George

Portrait of Michael Dean

By: Saint George
Michael Dean time lapse
Produced by:Saint George

Maurice Gordon

By: Saint George
Maurice Gordon time lapse
Produced by:Saint George

More ART by Saint George

Path Forward

By: Saint George
With proper guidance, a young mind can grow to be a great person.

Portrait of Emma Lazarus

By: Saint George
Emma Lazarus was an American poet and Georgist from New York City. She is best known for "The New Colossus", a sonnet written in 1883.

Sadako Sasaki

By: Saint George
Sadako Sasaki was a Japanese girl who was two years old when an American atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, near her home next to the Misasa Bridge.

Fridjtof Nansen Portrait

By: Saint George
Fridtjof Nansen was a Norwegian explorer, scientist, diplomat, humanitarian and Nobel Peace Prize laureate. In his youth he was a champion skier and ice skater.

Abdul Sattar Portrait

By: Saint George
Abdul Sattar Edhi was a Pakistani philanthropist, ascetic, and humanitarian who founded the Edhi Foundation, which runs hospitals, homeless shelters, rehab centres, and orphanages across Pakistan.

Charles Darwin Portrait

By: Saint George
Charles Robert Darwin, was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution.

Portrait of Margaret E Knight

By: Saint George

Organizer created on 2/7/2022 3:24:21 AM by Jeanne Meyers

Last edited 3/15/2022 4:26:04 PM by Laura Nietzer