Please Support The Relief Efforts In Puerto Rico

3 million people have lost power and most importantly water. They need our help.

Poco a Poco - Little by Little

a video/poem tribute to Puerto Rico

by Asya Rachitsky

https://vimeo.com/241280595

Paradise
Credit: Asya Rachitsky

MY STORY: (written Noveber 11, 2017)

In 2016 I had the opportunity to work and live in Rincon, Puerto Rico

- so I jumped at the chance.

While there, I had the opportunity to experience Paradise living:

Beautiful nature, warm beaches, spectacular sunsets, and a friendly community immersed in kindness.

I learned this is a surfer born town and was happy to discover that it peacefully co-exists with native Puerto Ricans. This is unlike many places in the world and what I discovered from inquiry and witnessing is that the bliss of surfing provides the surfers a feeling of gratitude and indebtedness to a land that offers amazing warm waves.

As a single person I feel somewhat lost about what to do for this island that provided me so much visual beauty, and it's people who create a wonderful tourist destination embracing newcomers with a sense of joy for life on the island. Rincon is a precious glowing jewel of a town and I would be ashamed not to help somehow. The reason I am not there right now is because I and my family fear for my health there. The conditions are below poverty standards for most peoples' bodies, minds, and souls.

I am reaching out to you, whether you are a surfer, vacationer, newswatcher, anything hoping that my story or anyone's story will touch you to help Puerto Rico in an way.

Below I have compiled links to organizations  who are doing real work and making a real difference. They are each working in unique ways to rebuild Puerto Rico and could truly use our help.

UPDATE:

As of December 22, 2017

Most of Puerto Rico has been without power for over two and a half months. Pricey generators are used by some. Most of the food distribution has been abysmal. Water is contaminated or highly bleached. Many people have left the island. Many have nowhere else to go. Please refer to the video links below to learn more and find ways you can help. I haven't gone back to Puerto Rico yet even though my island community along with my clothes, possessions, and furniture are still there. I am hoping together we can make a positive change. Please refer to the videos and links below in how you can help. Christmas toys are now needed. Thank you.

Trustworthy Organizations

WAVES FOR WATER WORKS ON THE FRONT-LINE TO PROVIDE 
CLEAN WATER TO COMMUNITIES IN NEED AROUND THE WORLD

"Many of us that come from a developed country such as the US, know these Caribbean islands as the incredibly beautiful vacation destinations they are – But what isn’t often thought about, are the little communities where a lot of the local people live, that work at those resorts and tourist companies."

Jon Rose - Waves for Water Campaign
Credit: Waves for Water
Rincon Brewing Company Hurricane Relief Efforts
Credit: Daisy Faust
Rincon Brewing Company Relief Effort
Credit: Daisy Faust

Costa Salud
Credit: Costa Salud

IMPORTANT ARTICLES TO HELP PUERTO RICO

IMPORTANT VIDEOS FOR PUERTO RICO RELIEF

Organizer created on 10/30/2017 10:35:49 PM by

Last edited 12/22/2017 10:32:30 PM by Jeanne Meyers