Barack Obama

by Jordi from Saddle River, New Jersey in United States

125197Barack Obamaphotographer 

A man who would later become President of the United States was born on August 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii. Barack (or Barry) went to school at Punahou School. His mother had gotten divorced when he was a young child, so his dad moved back to Kenya and Barack stayed with his mom. His mom later married a man named Lolo. Barack soon graduated college in the year of 1979 and had gone to Occidental, which was a college near Pasadena, California. After two years of studying there, he had gone to move to a new college. He went to Columbia University, which is on the west side of Manhattan. In 1983, Barack graduated college and would move onto becoming the President of the United States.

One of the many great traits of Obama is that he is caring. Over the course of his presidency, it is a very obvious trait. One of the many ways he has been caring towards others is that he donated over one million plus dollars to a variety of charities during his presidency. As Obama was president, lots of terrible things happened, including shootings.  Then, in 2010, President Barack Obama had honored the families and friends affected by the shooting at the Sandy Hook school. This is caring because it shows that he cares for all the people of America and will not let them go unnoticed. . He did not only just honor the families affected by the Sandy Hook shooting, he also honored lots of other families in other shootings. Another great thing that Obama did is create a very affordable health care plan called “ObamaCare” in 2010. This is caring because some people might not be able to afford a health care, so he created one of the cheapest health care plans so more people and smaller companies can afford a cheap health care. These are just a few of many caring and kind acts that former President Obama has done.

An extremely evident trait that Barack Obama has shown is determination. You can tell he is determined because, in the year of 2008, Obama ran for president against John McCain. Obama put lots of effort into his campaign, which was effective because he became president for two terms. You can tell he put tons of effort he put in his campaign because he spent lots of time persuading people to vote for him as president. Obama was president for eight years, and the entire time he was very determined to stop the Afghanistan War, and he did, in 2014. Even though Obama was not allowed, he was determined to bypass Congress so that he could put a stop to the nuclear testing the United States was doing. What he did to show determination was that he spent tons of time trying to stop the testing, and he wouldn’t give up, even though the Congress said he couldn’t.

You might have been able to guess, but another one of Obama’s traits was that he was very inspirational. He has inspired lots of African Americans around the country, because Obama was in fact, the first African American president. Obama once said that in the world there will always be war, but he will always strive for peace. Obama also inspires others all over the country by reminding everyone that they can make a difference and that they don’t have to have power in the country. “One voice can change a room.” -Barack Obama.

Barack Obama’s traits showed me that he is a true hero. He is my hero because he inspires me, he is determined, and is caring towards everyone. He is not only a hero to me, but is a great hero towards others as well. I was really inspired by him and how he told and emphasized that anyone in the world can make a difference. In conclusion, over the course of Barack Obama’s eight-year presidency, he demonstrated caring acts, he was determined and biggest of all, he inspired me and other people all over the country.

com, Biography. Barack Obama. [Online] Available www.biography.com/people/barack-obama-12782369.2018.

., .. Barack Obama. [Online] Available www.businessinsider.com.2018.

., .. Barack Obama. [Online] Available www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=119053.2018.

Forbes, Forbes. Obama donated over $1 million as president. [Online] Available www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/02/06/obama-donated-over-1-million-to-charity-as-president-heres-where-the-money-went/#3ed853f2459e.2018.

., ObamaCarefacts. ObamaCareFacts. [Online] Available obamacarefacts.com/obamahealthcare/.2018.