Barack Obama

by Victor F from Montvale, New Jersey in United States

“Let us remember we are all part of one American family, we are united in common values, and that includes belief in equality under the law, basic respect for the public order and the right of peaceful protest.” says Barack Obama. Let's talk about the African American president’s accomplishments and background and how he is an upstander.

Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. Let's go see the 44th president's history. His parents were divorced. And Barack Obama was raised with his grandparents in Hawaii. He loved to play basketball. Barack Obama graduated Columbia University in 1983. After that he had many jobs, one of which was working in Developing Communities Project in Chicago, Illinois. So he worked in Harvard Law School, then he graduated in 1991, he began practicing law, and soon became State Senator, then elected US Senator.

Barack Obama's accomplishment was in January 20, 2009 Barack Obama was elected president. He was also an excellent speaker.   

Then he was re-elected president. Also the Iraq War was under control or calmed down since Barack Obama became president. Before he was elected president he defeated Hillary Clinton and John McCain. The first African American president of the US. created Obamacare for poor people to get health insurance. Barack Obama is not dead and still working.

Although Barack Obama is no longer president, we will remember his history as the 44th president of the United States Of America. He is an upstander and clearly a hero.