Barack Obama

by Gracie Senkoro from Ontario, Canada

Barack Obama was born on August 4, 1961, in Kapiolani Women's and Children's Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. His mom's name is Ann Dunham and his dad's name is Barack Obama, Sr. But his dad went away when he was 4 years old. After that his mom married a gentleman named Lolo Soetoro. Since he was a man from Asia, Barack’s family moved to Asia.

Barack Obama moved back to Hawaii when he was 10. He lived with his grandparents. Barack left Hawaii in 1979 to attend another school. Since he wanted to help poor people to have better lives, he moved to Chicago. In Chicago he helped people to learn about jobs. He moved to Boston because he wanted to become a lawyer so he could change laws.

When he was done studying law, he moved to Chicago. While he was working, he met a wonderful lady. Her name was Michelle Robinson.

The next year Michelle Robinson married Barack Obama. Now they have two girls. Their names are Malia and Sasha. Barack wanted to help more, so he started working in the state’s government. Soon after that he worked in the Washington government. People were happy when Obama said his speech of hope and peace. People love him so much, they wanted him to be president. After years of hard work, he was president! Finally! Obama began changing laws as president on January 20th, 2009. On the year he was elected, President Obama won the won the Nobel Peace Prize.

THE END

By Gracie Senkoro