Benjamin Franklin

by Jackson Harris from San Diego, California in United States

133750Benjamin Franklinhttps://images.app.goo.gl/EZHnSafh5u5g7CAi6

“Too poor to attend formal schooling, Franklin virtually educated himself. He not only read about the Enlightenment, but he vowed to use science and the scientific method to improve people's lives. A scholar, he became fluent in French, Italian, and Spanish, and also studied Latin. Franklin had a common-law marriage with Deborah Read… Franklin and Read had two children. Franklin also had an illegitimate son, William, whom Deborah Read raised in the family home” (Dow and Noce). Benjamin Franklin was not only self taught but exceeded and became a very successful man. Some things include, “(CNN) -- Of the many inventions (bifocals, odometer), accomplishments (US postal system, Constitution) and experiments (that kite in a lightning storm) credited to Benjamin Franklin, none of his contributions to humanity, in my opinion, outshines his brilliantly simple method for self-improvement”(Benjamin Franklin’s ‘13). Benjamin Franklin is a hero because of his passion, his drive and his hard work. Benjamin Franklin is a hard worker because he has put in so much effort and has been so successful in many areas of his life. He is passionate because he tries to learn as much as he can in an area he is interested.

Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he is very passionate about what he does and uses his passion and drive to help the world. Benjamin Franklin has a strong passion for many things, an example of this is ”His attention fastened primarily on electricity. He read the new treatises on the subject and acquired ingenious equipment. In his famous kite experiment, proving that lightning is a form of electricity, he linked laboratory experiments with static electricity to the great universal force and made a previously mysterious and terrifying natural phenomenon understandable. Franklin's letters concerning his discoveries and theories about electricity to the Royal Society in London brought him fame”(Benjamin Franklin). Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he has such passion for electricity and tries to learn all he can about it. This makes him a hero because he can share his discoveries with the world and help the world become better and more advanced. He sets a positive example of what you should do with your passions and he shows what you can become if you have a drive to succeed. Benjamin is a hero because he is a perfect role model of what you should do if you have a dream or passion in a certain area. Benjamin Franklin is very passionate about helping his community with his beliefs. “Benjamin Franklin affected all levels of U.S. society. He used his firmly held beliefs in rationalism to improve the quality of life for all people”(Dow and Noce). This makes him a hero because of his passion for helping the people in the world and becoming one of the most influential people in the world and continued to improve society with his ideas. Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he showed a good example of what you should do with your ideas and to share them with the world to make it a better place. Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he used his passion for many different things to help him shape society and improve the world.

133751Benjamin Franklin https://images.app.goo.gl/Uemxe4a55Fvd5wbW6Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he is very hardworking and shows effort in everything he does. Benjamin Franklin shows his hard work early in his career when “Franklin soon demonstrated his enterprise and skill as a printer and gained employment. In 1724 he went to England, where he quickly became a master printer, sowed wild oats, and lived among the aspiring writers of London. He returned to Philadelphia and soon had his own press, publishing a newspaper (Pennsylvania Gazette), Poor Richard's Almanack, and a good share of the public printing of the province. He became clerk of the Pennsylvania Assembly and postmaster of Philadelphia, at the same time operating a bookshop and entering partnerships with printers from Nova Scotia to the West Indies. He was so successful that at the age of 42 he retired. He received a comfortable income from his business for 20 more years”(Benjamin Franklin). Benjamin Franklin is very hardworking and shows this through his drive to reach the top and become something great. This makes him a hero because he always rises to the challenge and became the best. Benjamin Franklin also shows he’s a hero by demonstrating what a hard worker is to other people and shows people what a good worker looks like and what you can become from hard work. He also shows that you can succeed in more than one area of your life as long as you put in hard work. Benjamin Franklin also shows he is a hard worker with his ideas. A example is “With the passage in 1765 of the hated Stamp Act, Franklin became actively involved in the colonial protest movement”(Commire). Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he takes his opinions and shares them with the world to enforce what he believes is the right thing. He uses hard work to make his opinions known to the world. This shows that he is a hero because he demonstrates that with hard work you can help shape the community and make the world a better place. Benjamin Franklin is a hero because he uses hard work to help shape the world and improve everyone and their wellbeing.

Benjamin Franklin was a hero because he was very passionate about making the world a better place and he is very hardworking when it comes to reaching his goals. Benjamin Franklin used his passion and his drive to make the world a better place. He was a “Statesman, diplomat, politician, printer, educator, philanthropist, editor, writer, inventor, scientist, and bon vivant, who played major roles in the Enlightenment, the Great Awakening, the French and Indian War, the American Revolution, and the drafting of the U.S. Constitution”(Commire). Benjamin Franklin was inspirational because he had such passion and drive for what he did and he still impacts people today with his discoveries. Benjamin Franklin is my hero because he took his passions and helped shape the world through dedication and hard work.

Work Cited

"Benjamin Franklin." Business Leader Profiles for Students, edited by Sheila Dow and Jaime E. Noce, vol. 1, Gale, 1999. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1604000078/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=76aab833. Accessed 2 May 2019.)

"Benjamin Franklin." Historic World Leaders, edited by Anne Commire, Gale, 1994. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1616000219/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=3fefb210. Accessed 3 May 2019.

"Benjamin Franklin." World of Physics, Gale, 2006. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K2434100077/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=431e9556. Accessed 3 May 2019.

"Ben Franklin's '13 Virtues' path to personal perfection." CNN Wire, 1 Mar. 2018. Research in Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A529392336/MSIC?u=powa9245&sid=MSIC&xid=71a25b41. Accessed 3 May 2019.