Beyoncé

by Cadence Nichols from San Diego , California in United States

133556https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beyonce_Knowles_with_necklaces.jpgParkwood Pictures Entertainment, LLC [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)]Beyoncé. The name known worldwide due to the impact she had on her fans while building her career, This icon built her empire from the ground up. In Texas, the superstar Beyoncé was born. Throughout her life, Beyoncé was supported by her parents, former musical group, Destiny’s Child, and her husband, Jay Z. Beyoncé’s journey for stardom began when she became a member of Destiny’s child. Soon later, her fame continued to grow, this time as a soloist and along with her acting career. She had opportunities to perform at the Super Bowl, Grammys, and Coachella. Due to her success, she has won multiple awards. Although “Queen B” wears a crown on her head, she is generous, giving to 37+ charities. She holds on to her generosity as an idol would. A hero must possess a passion for what they do, ambition and determination. Beyoncé Knowles had acquired all of these traits during her career. Not only an actress, singer, model, choreographer, and mother, Beyoncé Knowles, is also a hero due to her passion, ambition, and determination that led to her fame and fortune.

Beyoncé’s desire to succeed and provide others with success is a demonstration of true passion. According to Beyoncé,“‘It was my time to create dance routines and vocal arrangements. It seemed like playtime’" (​Contemporary Black Biography​) Beyoncé states that making routines and arrangements was exciting and working didn’t feel like an obligation. This shows how she is passionate about her job and how much she enjoys the business. Her enthusiasm for the business is again represented when she states,“‘I like that nervousness, I don’t like it at the moment, but I know that it just means that I want it, and it means that it’s challenging to me...’” she continues to say, “‘...forget all of the record sales, forget all the trying to compete or trying to outdo yourself, you should be doing it just because you love it. That’s what those young guys have, and that’s what I always want to have, I never wanna lose that.’” ​ (​Beyoncé​) She believes that people should perform and create as a result of their passion for it, not for the money, fame or title. She expresses how she never wants to lose the passion she has for the entertainment industry. Beyoncé’s perspective that her craft seems like playtime demonstrates how much love she has for her job.

Beyoncé’s ability to supply herself and others with a future comes with having an abundant amount of ambition. Beyoncé took her first steps of ambition as a young adult, “...I’ve been managed by my father for a very long time, and a real change meant separating from him. It was scary but it empowered me, and I wasn’t gonna let fear stop me.” (Beyoncé) Beyoncé had wanted room for growth and she wanted to display a message through her art; to pursue this idea, she needed to detach from her father, who had managed her since the beginning of her career. She was scared to manage and run her empire but refused to let fear conquer so she pursued independence. Beyoncé continued pursuing her ambitious goals, “​When it came time for Beyoncé to work on her sophomore solo album, she wanted to do it on her own accord, without a deadline. So without telling Columbia Records or even her father, Beyoncé recorded her second album on her own dime.​” ​ (Contemporary Musicians) She quietly worked on her album without help from her management. Beyoncé wanted to do it at her own pace, knowing it was possible to run out of money, she continued to fund the album on her own, pursuing her ambitious goal. Beyonce’s ability to pursue ambitious goals is apart of what made her successful and is the true character of a hero.

For her to open this pathway to success, Beyoncé had to gain the determination to lead her there. She reflects on her life as a woman who can make a change for other girls, “Being a young woman, I want to set the example that it’s possible for us to own our own businesses, own our own record labels, sometimes we don’t reach for the stars, sometimes we are satisfied with what people tell us we are supposed to be satisfied with, and I’m just not going for it.”(Beyoncé) When she was a young woman she wanted to be a role model to women and prove they are capable of anything. Her goal was to set the example by receiving opportunities that most people (especially women) don’t receive. Her determination exposed her to abundant opportunities, “Beyoncé showed a strong work ethic even as a girl, dedicating herself to a demanding regimen of dance and voice classes. Although her parents never forced her to practice or attend class, they were clear about the payoff of her hard work. "I thought of rehearsing as fun," Beyoncé wrote in the 2002 book Soul Survivors: The Official Autobiography of Destiny's Child.”​ (Contemporary Black Biography) Beyoncé, from a young age was determined to reach her dreams, she wasn’t required but performing is what she loves.​ ​She again states that rehearsing is exciting for her, which is why she loves it so much. To prove that women (and specifically black women) could achieve their dreams, she needed the determination to push through all the difficulties.

133557https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beyonce_-_Montreal_2013_(3).jpgNat Ch Villa [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]
Not only is ​Beyoncé a role model and worldwide icon, but she is a hero due to her passion, ambition, and determination. Throughout her life, she has had support from family, friends, and fans. She has inspired thousands through both her actions and her music. She personally inspires me to prove that I can achieve my goals and impels me to push the boundaries and to change standards. This role model, actress, singer, and mother is passionate, ambitious and determined to succeed and achieve her goals. Although to most, she will just be known as a woman in the entertainment industry, to others, she will forever be known as an inspiration and hero.

Works Sited:

Beyoncé, director. Beyoncé - Year of 4. YouTube, YouTube, 1 July 2011, www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXXiku0580.

“Beyoncé Knowles.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 17 Apr. 2019, www.biography.com/musician/beyonce-knowles.

“Beyoncé Knowles Biography.” Encyclopedia of World Biography, www.notablebiographies.com/news/Ge-La/Knowles-Beyonc.html#ixzz5mV2L2i11.

“Beyoncé.” Gale Biography In Context, 2009, go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?p=BIC&u=powa9245&id=GALE|K1618004905&v=2.1&it=r&sid=BIC&asid=8e179598.

Contemporary Black Biography. “ Beyoncé.” Gale Biography In Context, 2013, go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?tabID=Biographies&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&searchResultsType=MultiTab&searchType=PersonSearchForm¤tPosition=2&docId=GALE%7CK1606005786&docType=Biography&sort=Relevance&contentSegment=ZXAM-MOD1&prodId=BIC&contentSet=GALE%7CK1606005786&searchId=R1&userGroupName=powa9245&inPS=true .

Contemporary Musicians. “Beyoncé Knowles.” 2007, go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?tabID=Biographies&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&searchResultsType=SingleTab&searchType=PersonSearchForm¤tPosition=5&docId=GALE%7CK1608004935&docType=Biography&sort=Relevance&contentSegment=ZXAM-MOD1&prodId=BIC&contentSet=GALE%7CK1608004935&searchId=R1&userGroupName=powa9245&inPS=true.

Kellman, Andy. “Beyoncé | Biography & History.” AllMusic, www.allmusic.com/artist/beyonc%C3%A9-mn0000761179/biography.

Beyoncé - Year of 4 - This video was directed by Beyoncé and takes you on a tour of her hard work throughout her album 4.
Beyoncé Knowles - This article explains Beyoncé's journey and life.
Beyoncé Knowles Biography - This article explains Beyoncé's journey and life.