Inventor

Bill Gates

by Ryan Ruffino from Saddle River, New Jersey in United States

125173Bill Gateshttps://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/11/why-bill-gates-says-he-sees-himself-in-comedian-eddie-izzard.html      “Life is not fair; get used to it.”- Bill Gates. This shows that Bill Gates is a leader because he shows people that they have to work for what they want.  Bill Gates is my personal hero. On October 28, 1955, William Henry Gates III was born to William H. Gates Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates. Throughout his childhood, Bill was fascinated by computers. One time at his school he got banned from computers because he found a glitch that allowed him to have as much computer time as he wanted. After this though, Bill and a couple of his friends agreed to report glitches for extra computer time. Bill Gates got married to Melinda French on January 1st, 1994. I think there are three main characteristics for why Bill Gates is a hero, and those three characteristics are leadership, generosity, and hard working.

Bill Gates is one of the most generous people alive. Here are some examples of his generosity: Bill Gates, has donated over 28 billion dollars to charity, Bill Gates has been donating money to eradicate polio, and Bill Gates is trying to get other billionaires to sign a treaty called the Giving Pledge which means they donate a majority of their money when they die. I think that Bill Gate’s donation of 28 billion dollars to charity is a generous thing because 28 billion dollars could do amazing things. I think Bill Gates trying to eradicate polio is a generous characteristic because polio has killed many people and Bill Gates is using his money to save lives. I think Bill Gates creating the giving pledge is a generous characteristic because instead of sending all of his money to his kids when he dies he will donate a majority of it.  Bill Gates has donated tons of time and money to help the world and that is one of the reasons why he's my Hero.

Bill Gates is also a very inspiring leader. According to Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates was his hero. I think Bill Gates is a leader because he inspires many people to do what they want to do in life, he took over as the head of Microsoft at the young age of 23, and Bill Gates co-founded Microsoft in 1997. I think these examples make Bill Gates a hero because when he founded Microsoft he successfully made many jobs for people. He also made money for himself and his family, when he took over Microsoft he was very young and he still became successful, and when Bill Gates inspires people like he did with Mark Zuckerberg they are successful too.

Bill Gates would never have gotten as far as he has if he wasn’t hard working. There are many characteristics that show that Bill Gates is hard working here are a few of them: Bill Gates co-founded the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has made over 80 billion dollars in his life, and Bill Gates has put a personal computer on many people's desks. I think Bill Gates co-founding the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is a hard working characteristic because it took him a while and lots of hard work to accomplish this. I think Bill Gates making 80 billion dollars is a hard working characteristic because for a man to make that much money he would have to work very hard. I think Bill Gates putting many personal computers on many people's desks is a hard-working characteristic because Bill would have to work very hard to do this.

To conclude, Bill Gates is my personal hero. I think he is a hero because he is generous, hard working and is a leader. Bill Gates is generous because he has donated over 27 billion dollars to charity, he is hard working because he achieved his dream which was to put a personal computer on many desks, and he is a leader because he founded Microsoft and took over as the head of Microsoft at the age of 23. Bill Gates has done many great things for the world like putting personal computers on many desks and donating tons of money. Bill Gates is my hero.

News, CNBC. CNBC Bill Gates. [Online] Available www.cnbc.com/2017/12/11/.2017.