Bob Persichetti

by Juan Quispez-Farias from Newark California

There is this one person I do want to know more about since a movie called “Spider-Verse.” One of the filmmakers is called Bob Persichetti. I want to learn more on how and what inspired or got the Spider Verse idea in his head. Also other movies he made, as well as being a film director. They were interesting when I was a kid and I have that feeling still. I get inspiration off of him as I want to go into 3D animation/Graphic Design. Not to reference off his movies because I wasn't that big on his movies, but it can feel good to get a general idea; this current movie he and his crew made was the best thing I ever saw. At the end of the movie, he thanked the person who made Marvel become a thing and said “Thank you, the crew and I believed to make something by ourselves and it's because of you."

132087Spider Verse wikimedia commons  

Bob Persichetti is the film director for the movies Shrek 2 and Monsters vs Aliens. Where he is from is unknown. When Shrek 2 was introduced, he started to make other movies, around 2005. What makes Bob significant is that he bonds with the other crew and gets things done smoothly so they can make a great movie and have good ideas. His film style was boggling my mind with the Spider Verse movie. It was a masterpiece on how the shots were, and how it felt, and the characters were very interesting. The reason I chose this filmmaker was because the recent movie that was recently released was amazing and I wanted to know more about him. His title was mainly on DreamWorks movies.

132091Award Winning wikimedia  

If I can take a guess on how much he made, he probably make around millions of dollars, like around 10 million. Bob won the Best Animated Feature on Feb 24th, 2019. This impacted me personally because this has given me more motivation to draw and get ideas more. This filmmaking maybe has improved even more throughout the years. My innovations have been to improve on my drawings. For film history I consider this as my number one.

132094Shrek wikimedia commons  

Bob Persichetti made a movie called Puss in Boots. In my opinion it’s an alright movie. I would make references to another movie that I’d enjoy more. Llike I said, I was only interested for this year for Spider Verse to come out. His other movies that he directed were alright as well. Just Puss in Boots wasn't interesting, but alright at the same time. He has improved over the years with him having the motivation to make a masterpiece. Going back to his older movies, he was wanting to go for kid-friendly movies. Again with the Shrek series, kids and adults appeal to it as a family show to watch with their kids.

132096Puss in Bootswikimedia  

This series was a success and ended pretty well, unlike with other companies like Disney, who can kill off their movies when some kids considered it their childhood and has been ruined by the so called “Disney” themselves. The director knows not to bring back old movies and leave them as a good memory. Yes they can connect to the story somehow and they did it perfectly. Bob not only won a lot of awards for his movies that he directed, but he also knows how to make them in a watch-able and enjoyable state in mind for people who love his movies.

132097Shrek wikimedia

Spider Verse Trailer - spider verse trailer