ORGANIZER

Celebrating the Gorman Family

MY HERO would like to honor a mother who has raised two outstanding, creative young women, .whose art, media and words are influencing the nation and the world with their vision for equality and justice for all.

Films

Bombingham

Produced by:Gabrielle Gorman
An expressionistic account of a devastating historical event.

Gabrielle Gorman at MY HERO Salon- Bombingham

Produced by:The MY HERO Project / Gabrielle Gorman
Gabrielle Gorman speaks at MY HERO Salon about activism through film and her film Bombingham

Stories

Dr. Joan Wicks: Scholar, Teacher, Parent and Athlete

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel
Dr. Joan Wicks is an educator, athlete, and the mother of Amanda and Gabrielle Gorman.

Gabrielle Gorman

By: Xenia Shin
Watch a film by Gabrielle Gorman and you will be struck by her powerful and poetic use of imagery, even as she explores charged subjects such as racism, police brutality, and identity.
Amanda Gorman

Amanda Gorman: The Poet Who Healed a Nation

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel
Amanda Gorman, America's first Youth Poet Laureate, recited the original poem "The Hill We Climb" at the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

The Hill We Climb by Poet Hero Amanda Gorman

"For there was always light. If only we're brave enough to see it. If only we're brave enough to be it."

Art

Celebrating We the Future-Amanda Gorman by Kate Deciccio

By: Kate Deciccio
Amanda Gorman, Young Leader of Social Change, was named 2015 National Youth Poet Laureate and is a community leader. Art for the Amplifier Foundation.

Amanda Gorman

By: Zoey Esmail
Amanda Gorman is an American poet from Los Angeles, CA.

Organizer created on 4/27/2022 1:19:09 PM by Abigail Richardson

Last edited 4/27/2022 1:40:56 PM by Abigail Richardson