Charles Robert Darwin

by Hayden Uhrig from Mrs. Safreed's Room

131684Charles Robert Darwingoogle.comCharles Robert Darwin was a biologist who studied evolution and the process of natural selection. He was born on February 2, 1809 and passed away on April 19, 1882. He lived in Shrewsbury, London. 

He is important to me because I love nature. I have loved nature since I was little. My parents love nature, and Charles Darwin studied nature as a biologist. I want to one day be a biologist. I have always wanted to go to the Amazon Rainforest to see all the different species. Charles Darwin inspired me to love animals and to think that they could have been something else at some point.

131686Theory of Evolutiongoogle.comEvolution is when something needs to adapt to its environment to survive and create offspring. Some changes can be like one feather that makes the male stand out from the female. Some can be big changes, like some may grow fins or other aquatic features to hunt for fish better. Charles Darwin theorized that the whale was once a land-dwelling animal. He theorized that it started to evolve over time to be able to hunt fish and other aquatic animals. He was wrong about this theory, but if he did it with the cow and the hippopotamus he would have been right. This inspired me to never be afraid to be wrong. I thank Charles Darwin for being my inspiration and inspiring me to love animals.