Darko Đurić

by Lana Šilc from Slovenia

Darko Đurić, MY HERO

My hero is Darko Đurić. He was born in Maribor in 1989. He is 28 years old. He was born without legs and with only one hand. His biological parents did not accept a disabled child. He was adopted as an infant. Darko learnt to walk with prosthetic legs. He loves the sport. Darko said swimming is his favorite sport. He is my hero because he trained hard. He joined the swimming team. He broke records for the 50 meter swimming race two times. He plays football and basketball with his friends. Darko Đurić is a brave, strong, inspirational man. There are no limits for Darko with prosthetic legs. He is a very good swimmer. He tried hard and achieved a lot.

121589Darko Đurićhttps://arhiv.gorenjskiglas.si/article/20120916/C/309169992/July

I found an article about Darko Đuroć. Darko Đurić is one of the best swimmers in the world. His parents abandoned him and left him in foster care. At the age of 10 he learned to swim during a school trip. He is a record-setting Slovenian swimmer. At the last Paralympic Games in London (2012), he finished in fifth place in 100 meter freestyle and 50 meter butterfly, while in 50 meter freestyle he finished in sixth place. He is still the world and Paralympic record holder in 50 meter butterfly. He visited hospitalized children at the local hospital, with whom he shared his belief that everything in the world is possible.