Dillon Hazlett

by Connor Laird from Cornwall, Ontario in Canada

My hero is a person that is very important to me, he has developed skills in major aspects in my life. He was born on the 22nd of March, 1979. This man is my father, Dillon Hazlett. 

He has worked hard since he was young to take care of me and my siblings. He has shown me how to play hockey, something that I spent all of my youngest years playing. He has also instilled major values in me and my siblings. He has taught us that no matter what, we always have each other to fall back on. Also if you want something in life to go get it, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. My father has taught me to work my hardest all of the time. He tells me that it is how you keep a job and get promoted. 

My father was born in Lacombe, Alberta, then later moved to Lancaster, Ontario, followed by moving to Cornwall, Ontario and has resided here ever since. To this day we live just around the corner from his home in Cornwall. By nature my father's morals have become mine as well. Such as family being the most important thing of all. Our family is very close with our relatives.  

My father is the oldest of six kids; he has four brothers and one sister. His parents worked a lot when he was younger, so he had to take care of his siblings a lot, so it caused him to have a close relationship with a lot of them. He has done a great job in raising me, my twenty-year-old sister, my fifteen-year-old brother, and my seven-year-old brother.