MY HERO encourages readers to research claims made by Donald Trump. "Because Trump has not publicly released his tax returns, it’s not possible to definitively determine his wealth in the past or today." https://www.biography.com/us-president/donald-trump

Donald Trump

by Kevin Huang from Boulder, Colorado

"Together, We will make America strong again. We will make America wealthy again. We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And yes, together, we will make America great again. Thank you. God bless you. And God bless America."

Stonewall Trump

138818Donald Trump, a Businessman, President, and HeroKevin HuangNo one could have possibly predicted the outcome of the 2016 United States presidential election, especially not when Donald Trump announced his candidacy. Many people and media outlets heavily besmirched, belittled, slandered, criticized, disparaged, maligned, mocked, insulted, defamed, denigrated and looked down upon him. Yet, despite all attempts at tarnishing Trump's reputation, he maintained his composure and kept moving forward.

Donald Trump is the 45th president of the United States. Before entering politics, he was an American businessman and television personality. It is reputed that every single penny in his wallet can be attributed to his own hard work. 

Some of you may possibly be wondering, thinking that somebody somewhere has made a rather questionable choice. It is true that in the eyes of the masses, this would normally be considered unusual, although there is nothing inherently wrong about it. Though many do not commonly consider Donald Trump as having hero-like characteristics, he is a hero in certain regards.

The definitions for a hero are loosely defined, with many people having very diverse and vague explanations. In the midst of all the ambiguity and debate, two accepted and common defining traits of a hero are courage and perseverance. It is justified to consider Donald Trump a hero since he fits these two criteria perfectly.

Courageous and persevering are two words fitting to describe Donald Trump. Without courage or perseverance, he would have neither been a great businessman, nor become president. It is thanks to these two attributes that he became so successful. 

Trump has often said he began his career with "a small loan of one million dollars" from his father, and that he had to pay it back with interest. His career began in 1968 at his father's real estate development company, E. Trump & Son, which owned rental housing in New York City. In 1971, he was named president of the company and renamed it to “The Trump Organization.” Since then, he has conducted many successful real estate deals in Manhattan and New York City, which raised his public eminence. He now owns and develops lodging and golf courses around the world. After being inaugurated as U.S. President in January 2017, Trump resigned all management roles within the Trump Organization, and delegated company management to his sons Donald Jr. and Eric, in his response to concerns about conflicts of interest. Although he has seen many successes in his business career, heroes encounter hardships as well, as some of Trump's unsuccessful business ventures have included several casino and hotel bankruptcies. Although these unfortunate events occurred, Trump heroically persevered and amended all these mishaps. Without his persisting perseverance, potentially none of his incredible business accomplishments would have ever been achieved.

In addition to being a great businessman, Trump has also accomplished another amazing feat: becoming president. It certainly takes a hero to be able to lead and support their country. On June 16, 2015, Trump publicly announced his candidacy for President of the United States at Trump Tower in Manhattan. Although there is nothing inherently wrong with Trump launching a presidential campaign, what many people were aghast by was the indifference towards political correctness that Trump expressed. Many people who campaign for presidency would never dream of stirring up political controversy, as it was conceivable to imagine that it could sully your reputation. However, Trump is a rare exception, as it was remarkably brave of him to be able to speak in the fashion he did. His controversial comments helped his campaign garner extensive coverage by the mainstream media, trending topics, and social media. Trump's campaign rallies also attracted large crowds along with public controversy. Trump, however, didn't care what other people thought. He heroically and courageously spoke his mind and continued to gain supporters. If Trump had let the media’s prejudicial words affect him, he would have possibly lost hope in running for president. Fortunately, Trump turned a blind eye and continued to move forward.

In conclusion, although the thought of considering Donald Trump as a hero is amusing, there is strong justification behind this opinion. These reasons are that Trump is a very courageous and persevering person, as evidenced by his great achievements. If he did not show these heroic traits, he would have otherwise not accomplished his incredible feats we know of today. There is no doubt that Trump is indeed one among our nation’s great heroes.

Duignan, Brian. Donald Trump. [Online] Available https://www.britannica.com/biography/Donald-Trump.2020.

Editors, Biography.com. Donald Trump. [Online] Available https://www.biography.com/us-president/donald-trump.2020.