Thomas Alva Edison

by Jason from New York

Without Thomas Edison, the world would have no light. Thomas Alva Edison invented the light bulb in 1878. He showed his invention in Menlo Park’s Railroad Station. He also perfected the vote recorder in 1869. A vote recorder is a machine used by a representative or a senator to record vote. He was very helpful.

Thomas Edison was the youngest of his family. He had three sisters and one brother. His mother’s name was Nancy, and his father’s name is Samuel. When Tom went to school, he had troubles. Tom was always distracted in class. So after that Tom’s mother home schooled him. While being home schooled, Tom developed a love for reading. Now he reads whenever he can.

When Tom was young, he caught a disease called Scarlet Fever. Scarlet Fever affected Tom’s hearing ability. Later in the future when Tom invented things, he didn’t have enough money to patent his inventions. So then Tom made a deal with a company to pay for his inventions. This was a new beginning for Tom.

When Tom was little, he was full of curiosity. He would always ask questions. Tom was kind, too. When Tom was president of his company, he resigned to chairman of the board and passed on his position to his son Charles. Thomas Edison was also very intelligent. He made many inventions throughout his whole lifetime. He would try to make anything he could to help people.

Thomas Edison made a big contribution to the earth. He invented all of his inventions to help people. He made the light bulb to help people with lighting. He also made the vote recorder to help representatives and senators. Tom was very helpful.

Thomas Alva Edison was important to the earth. He helped the whole world. He changed the way people would live forever. Tom really helped people with their problems. This is what makes Thomas Edison a hero!