Edith Cavell

by Maya Simpson from United States

137301Edith CavellThe original uploader was Vivedatica at Dutch Wikipedia. [Public domain]

"I realize that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred toward anyone."-Edith Cavell. Edith Cavell was a caring and hard-working person who saved well over 200 lives. Edith Cavell wanted to be a nurse to save people's lives and she hid many Allied soldiers. She saved he lives of many injured soldiers and she is a physical and selfless hero. 

Edith Cavell wanted to be a nurse since she was a little girl and she died doing just that, saving people's lives. Edith Cavell was born on December 4th, 1865 and she died on October 12th, 1915 at age 49. She was a nurse from WWI and she saved the lives of injured people from both sides of the war. She helped captured soldiers escape and for this selfless action she was executed. She didn't want to be like all the other women in her small village in the United Kingdom. Instead she became a nurse for the war. She is appreciated for these actions. 

Edith Cavell helped Allied soldiers escape by hiding them around United Kingdom. Edith Cavell hid the Allied soldiers is hospitals and safehouses all around the United Kingdom, even though she knew it was illegal. She knew it was illegal but she wanted to help the people so she hid them anyway. Edith Cavell was double-crossed and captured since she was caught hiding the Allied soldiers. She later pleaded guilty in court for this action, therefore she was executed.  

Edith Cavell nursed injured soldiers, from both sides of WWI, back to health so that they could fight again. She healed the wounded bodies of over 200 soldiers in the war. She also helped over 200 captured soldiers escape. Since she did this illegal but selfless action she was captured herself and executed. She sacrificed herself to save the lives of others. 

Edith Cavell is a physical and selfless hero. She is also known as a controversial hero because she always disagreed with the laws of how people were captured because they were the same as everyone else. She saved the lives of many, many, many people and she is deeply appreciated by the people in the United Kingdom for this. She became a nurse not only to show that she wasn't just going to be a housewife, but because she wanted to save the lives of the soldiers. She helped people escape and she is remembered for her selfless actions. 

Edith Cavell is a very selfless person who really cares about the lives of others. She has inspired me to care less about myself. She has helped me learn that other people, even people you don't like, can be more important than yourself. She is the most selfless person that you could ever meet. She died just so she could save over 200 people. That is why she is my hero