Please consider donating today
If you share our goals of shining light on the heroes in our midst and empowering people around the world to create positive change, please consider donating today. The MY HERO Project is a haven of hope — a gathering of inspiration and a celebration of the best of our humanity. Our staff and millions of people around the world depend on the help of people like you so MY HERO can continue to thrive for years to come. Thank You for your donation.

Ellie Wen

by Madeline Jacobs, Film Producer

Ellie Wen's global awareness, sensitivity, and ambition have helped her create a global community.

During her sophomore year at Harvard-Westlake High School, she was moved by an experience she had while volunteering at Las Familias del Pueblo, a community center in downtown Los Angeles. Ellie observed individuals struggling with pronunciation in an English as a Second Language class. She thought if these people were having difficulty learning English, then surely others around the world must be having similar difficulties.

Inspired to help English as a Second Language learners, she decided to build a Web site that would provide free texts and audio clips to assist students around the world with their language skills. Her Web site, RepeatAfterUs.com, has since become a globally recognized resource that helps people learn English.

Ellie Wen's determination and boundless energy have created an active learning community in which people all over the world are helping one another and growing together.