Elon Musk

by Brady Padilla from San Diego, California in United States

124905Elon Muskbiography.com      Elon Musk has changed the world through his Tesla cars and his company SpaceX. Musk strives hard to improve his products and is motivated to changing the world. My hero is Elon Musk who is a South African born American businessman. Elon Musk was born in south Africa and has attended many schools throughout his early life. “At age 17, in 1989, Elon Musk moved to Canada to attend Queen’s University and avoid mandatory service in the South African military” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). Throughout his life, Musk has attended four colleges and also has a degree in physics. Musk has also founded many companies throughout his life. “Elon Reeve Musk (born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born American entrepreneur and businessman who founded X.com in 1999” ( Shanklin). Musk is the founder of Tesla and SpaceX. He is known for being innovative and striving to colonize mars. He was born in Pretoria, South Africa and later moved to Canada to attend college. “Founded in 2002, SpaceX’s mission is to enable humans to become a spacefaring civilization and a multi-planet species by building a self-sustaining city on Mars” ( Shanklin). SpaceX has made great achievements and will continue to improve and update their products. Musk was making big money by the time he was 20.  “Musk became a multimillionaire in his late 20s when he sold his start-up company, Zip2, to a division of Compaq Computers” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). This was a big achievement for Musk and what kick started his career. Elon Musk is a hero because he possess the traits Hard Work and Motivation. He is hardworking and motivated toward his cause. Elon Musk is one of the top innovators of our century. He is involved in multiple companies that are determined to change the world including SpaceX and Tesla. “Musk founded his third company, Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, or SpaceX, in 2002 with the intention of building spacecraft for commercial space travel” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). Musk’s hard work has lead him to make billions and improve his Tesla and SpaceX products to make them safer and more efficient. Musk's motivation for innovating his products he has made the world a better place.

124906Elon Musk's speachwired.com      Elon Musk’s hard work is shown through his astonishing products, including Tesla and SpaceX. An example of Elon Musk’s hard work is when he won the safest car award. “Model S was named Motor Trend 2013 Car of the Year, received Consumer Reports’ Best Overall Car and earned the highest-ever safety rating awarded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In 2017” ( Tesla 2018). Musk is a very hardworking individual and strives to create spectacular products that will change the world. His Tesla model S won the car of the year in 2017 due to his passion for what he does and his motivation. “Elon Musk is the founder, CEO and lead designer at Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX 2017), where he oversees the development and manufacturing of advanced rockets and spacecraft for missions to and beyond Earth orbit” ( SpaceX 2017). He is the CEO and also designs his rockets his Musk wants to better our future by designing new products and upgrading them frequently. Elon Musk also has a second company, SpaceX, which he is determined to enhance modern space travel. “Musk founded his third company, Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, or SpaceX, in 2002 with the intention of building spacecraft for commercial space travel” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). SpaceX is Elon Musk’s third company where he is determined to get the first human to mars. Musk has many goals for the future and is determined to work hard to achieve his goals, some of his goals are to create cheap and environment friendly electric cars. “Elon Musk is the co-founder, CEO and product architect at Tesla Motors, a company dedicated to producing affordable, mass-market electric cars as well as battery products and solar roofs” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). Elon Musk shows his hard work through his achievements and his determination. Musk has worked hard in his companies to come up with the best products and designs.

Elon Musk is very motivating and uses his motivation to make products that help our future. Elon Musk thinks that people can do things even if the odds are against them. "If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it” ( Mann 2015). When odds are against you it's easy to give up and not try. Musk’s motivation inspires him to not give up and do what he wants. If you are determined to do something, do it, even if it's going to be hard. Musk doesn't want to sit around and wait for things to happen he wants to do things himself. "I could either watch it happen or be a part of it” ( Brown/Selista) Elon Musk doesn't want to watch it happen he wants to get it done. He is very motivating because he doesn't just want money he wants to better our future. “Going from PayPal, I thought: ‘Well, what are some of the other problems that are likely to most affect the future of humanity?’ Not from the perspective, ‘What’s the best way to make money?” ( Mann 2015). In this quote he is saying he didn't do the things he did just for the money. This is motivational because money can distract people from what really needs to be done. Musk does not let things happen he changes and make it what he wants. Elon Musk in this quote is explaining that nothing should stop you from doing what you want unless you are forced to. "Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up” ( Mann 2015). This quote motivates me to not stop trying unless something makes me stop.Elon wants to motivate other people to step out of their comfort zone and try new things."Don't be afraid of new arenas” ( Brown/Selista). In this quote by Elon Musk he wants people to try something new or to not be afraid of challenges. In conclusion Elon musk's motivation for what he does drives him to do more and improve his mistakes.

124907Musk's TED interviewted.com      Elon Musk is a top innovator of our century that strives hard to get things done and make things better. “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough” ( Brown/Selista). Musk believes that if things are not failing you are not trying something new or improving it. He is involved in multiple companies that are determined to change the world. His hard work has led him to make millions and earn awards for his cars. His motivation leads him to make better products that are more efficient. Elon Musk was born in South Africa in a city called Pretoria he has attended many schools in his early life. “He graduated with an undergraduate degree in economics and stayed for a second bachelor’s degree in physics” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). Musk has done well in school and has attended four colleges throughout his life. He is a very hardworking individual that is motivated to change the future. “Elon Musk is the co-founder, CEO and product architect at Tesla Motors, a company dedicated to producing affordable, mass-market electric cars as well as battery products and solar roofs” ( A&E Television Network, 2018). Elon Musk has inspired me to want to change the world and not just sit around and expect things to happen. Eusk is determined to change the world and he will continue to make new things and improve his other products. “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working” ( Brown/Selista). Musk is a very hardworking and motivating individual. He is very inspiring and is always thinking of new ways to improve his old products. “My motivation for all my companies has been to be involved in something that I thought would have a significant impact on the world” ( Mann 2015). Elon musk inspires me to want to make change to the world and have an impact on society.

“Elon Musk.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 8 May 2018, www.biography.com/people/elon-musk-20837159.

“Elon Musk.” Tesla, Inc, 2018, www.tesla.com/elon-musk.

Shanklin, Emily. “Elon Musk.” SpaceX, SpaceX, 27 Mar. 2017, www.spacex.com/elon-musk.

“Elon Musk Biography.” Encyclopedia of World Biography, 2018, www.notablebiographies.com/news/Li-Ou/Musk-Elon.html.

“The 21 Most Inspirational Elon Musk Quotes.” Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo!, 21 Mar. 2015, finance.yahoo.com/news/21-most-inspirational-elon-musk-163734621.html.

Brown, Joel, and Marion Selista. “36 Quotes From The Incredible Mind of Elon Musk.”Addicted 2 Success, 16 Dec. 2014, addicted2success.com/quotes/36-genius-quotes-from-the-incredible-mind-of-elon-musk/.