Emma Watson

by Maya B. from New Jersey, United States

Emma Watson, a phenomenal actress, is a hero. She supports women’s rights and is trying to make it bigger. She seems to be just an actress, but she’s much more.

130163Emma Watsonwikimedia commonsEmma’s background should be stated first. She is an award-winning actress born on April 15, 1990 in Paris, France. The 28 year old  moved to the UK when she was five, with a brother named Alex who is two years younger than her. Her education included Brown University, and Ivy League school. Emma might be most known for starring as Hermione in the Harry Potter films. But she has acted in several others, including The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) and Beauty and the Beast (2017). She has an upcoming movie titled Little Women (2019), based on the classic tale. In fact, Emma started acting when she was only ten years old. 

Emma’s accomplishments mean a lot to many people, including me. She is a women's rights activist. In 2014, she was titled a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador. Also in 2014, she did a speech on the HeforShe campaign, which is meant to advance gender rights. However, she has not just encouraged women’s rights. She has supported health, education, poverty, human rights, and several more. Emma’s main goal is to have peace with every person and gender. 

Emma is a hero. She has promoted gender equality, which is what I am all about. Her background, her accomplishments, and her achievements are amazingly interesting. Not only is she a great actress, but she is a great person.