Eva Haller
Eva Haller 'A Work in Progress'
Credit: Nathan Smith

In this documentary from The MY HERO Project, Eva Haller shares her life lessons from a remarkable life, overcoming personal tragedy during the Holocaust to mentoring generations of activists. Click HERE to watch the 10 minute version.

Eva Haller, born May 9, 1930, is a Hungarian-American philanthropist, activist, executive, Board Member. She has mentored generations of activists, especially women, and has been honored with the inaugural Forbes Women Excellence in Mentoring Award and the Ban Ki Moon AI Mentorship Award by 8th UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon. During World War II, Eva participated in the Hungarian resistance. She lost her brother during this time, which inspired her to help others. She continues to advise and mentor  many humanitarian organizations, such as Asian Initiatives, Women for Women International, Free the Children and the Jane Goodall Institute.

Eva Haller: A Work in Progress POSTER
WTM award banner

At the 12th Annual MY HERO International Film Festival, we honored Eva Haller with the inaugural Women Transforming Media Award. 

A friend to MY HERO, Eva Haller had the idea to establish an award to inspire and support filmmakers from elementary school to the professional level who create outstanding work featuring women changemakers or tackling women's issues. Hence The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award was established. Find all winning films HERE.

Activist, Philanthropist And Holocaust Survivor Eva Haller Wins First Annual Women Transforming Media Award

Credit: Produced by: The MY HERO Project

The Eva Salon Series is produced by Eva Haller and Heidi Grochelle. Past episodes can be viewed on MY HERO.   Friends of Eva's from around the world participate in this weekly Salon Series that brings together scholars, journalists, artists, scientists, leaders in philanthropy and environmental sustatinable projects. To find out more and to join the Salons on Saturday afternoons at 2:00 PM P.S.T. Email your request to [email protected]

Stories about Eva Haller

MY HERO Celebrates Eva Haller @ GCU NYC

Eva Haller

By: Xenia Shin
The Women Transforming Media interview with Eva Haller -- Holocaust survivor, philanthropist, mentor. Learn about Eva and more women heroes at myhero.com.

Do you have a woman hero, or have you wanted to make a film about women's issues? Click on the banner to learn more about The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award, and submit your film for cash prizes from the elementary to professional levels!

Eva Haller: A Work in Progress<br>Casa Magazine

Eva Haller In Conversation with Dan Bena

Glasgow Caledonia University

Read the review of the film from the Santa Barbara Independent 

Eva Haller: A Work in Progress

Organizer created on 10/25/2017 6:50:40 PM by Vincent

Last edited 4/19/2024 11:34:23 AM by Abigail Richardson