The Eva Haller

Women Transforming Media Award

The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award recognizes outstanding short films featuring women's stories.

The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award is offered each year as part of  The MY HERO International Film Festival.

We welcome submissions featuring women’s stories in any genre. We consider films featuring women change makers and women protagonists, as well as thoe exploring women's issues or from a woman's point of view.

Length: Up to 10 minutes in length. Excerpts and trailers from longer documentaries and feature films are also accepted.

Levels: Films can be submitted at the student level (elementary to college) and professional. Students may apply for a fee waiver.

Award: A cash award is given in both the student ($1,000) and professional ($2,000) category.

Deadline: Because of a shorter submission window this year, the 2020 deadline is May 1.

WTM Promo

WTM features women transforming the media landscape and the world.

Eva Haller WTM Award Call for Entries | Deadline May 1

About Eva Haller

The award is sponsored by Eva Haller — an activist, philanthropist, and Holocaust survivor. Haller has served as a mentor to generations of women change makers. She is a recipient of the Ban Ki Moon Mentoring Award, and the Forbes Excellence in Mentoring Award.

Haller was born in Budapest, Hungary, before the Second World War. When Nazis invaded her city, Haller escaped the concentration camp by convincing a young Nazi soldier that she was much too young and beautiful to die. Her older brother John, who was part of the resistance, was killed by the Nazis. After her brother's death, Haller vowed to honor him by helping others.

2019 Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award

Conversations with My Mother (2019) | Directed by Tsering Wangmo | Experimental Documentary | USA

2018 Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award

Gloria's Call (2018) | Directed by Cheri Gaulke | Documentary | USA

Kim Phuc [excerpt] - The Sunrise Storyteller (2018) | Directed by Kasha Sequoia Slavner | Documentary | USA/Vietnam

2018 IFF Kim Phuc [excerpt] Sunrise Storyteller
Credit: Kasha Sequoia Slavner

Our 2018 Eva Haller WTM Award recipient in the Student category, Kasha Slavner, went on to speak at the UN about women in media, and became a Yunus&Youth Fellow! Here she thanks Eva Haller and The MY HERO Project.

Kasha thanks Eva Haller & MY HERO

Kasha Slavner
2018 Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award Student category winner Kasha Slavner thanks Eva and The MY HERO Project.

Learn more about Women Transforming Media

Women Transforming Media

Related Pages

Organizer created on 2/23/2018 2:05:13 PM by Xenia Shin

Last edited 1/27/2020 11:10:46 AM by Xenia Shin