ORGANIZER

Films for a Young Audience

Enjoy these family friendly short films that appeal to the young at heart!

Picchu

Produced by:FuzzyPixel
Picchu is a story that follows the journey of an Andean girl named Mayu and the unconditional support of her mother.

Milk

Celia Jaspers
When she sees an old man unable to pay for his milk, a young girl has a change of heart.

Super Ruby

Dean Saffron
This piece pays homage to the power of positivity generated by Ruby, a young sporting champion who endeavours to lead her best life everday.

The Sea and Me - Atop

Produced by:Marine Conservation Society
Charlotte Banfield is a world-class para surfer that until a few years ago was completely afraid of water.

All the Way to the Ocean

Produced by:Joel Harper
A story about two friends and their discovery of the relationship between our cities' storm drains and the world's oceans, lakes and rivers.

Cosmonaute 360 - Mission: RESCUE

Jesús Pérez Irigoyen
When exploring the depths of the ocean their creativity will be put to the limit, dealing with the large plastic waste pollution.

Hello Anna!

Lucy Schacher
Author and illustrator Anna Walker recounts her memories of writing and creating her award-winning children's books.

Andy (excerpt - from Iff Awards 2022)

Jamy Wheless | Executive Producer: Jean Schultz | Lead Animator: Brendan Gottlie...
An uplifting story of how one puppy overcomes a series of obstacles to find his purpose in life.

College Animation

Sorry For Your Loss

Kirsten Lewis, Kate Munro
A polar bear loses his home due to climate change.

Ember

Produced by:The Animation School
In the Fynbos, Mbali a Nature Sprite looks at all the plants with concern. She tries to revive a wilted flower. Defeated, Mbali sees fiery embers float past.

There You Are

Rui Huang
After her mother dies, a teenager, Su, feels estranged from her father who seems to have already moved on.

The Invisible

Produced by:The Animation School
Journeying through a seaside town, the elderly Ida remains unseen

Made by kids for kids

Endangered Species

Produced by:Quinn, Moses, Shyon, Logan
An original song and video to raise awareness about endangered species. Made by Elementary students.

The Last Iceberg

Kealia King
Kealia created this original stop motion video to raise awareness about how climate change is affecting animals who live in the arctic.

Inclusion On the Air

Eli Canter
Emily Perl Kingsley is a former Sesame Street writer and longtime activist for children with disabilities and their families.

Good Medicine

Animikiikaakwezenz, Babaamaashikwens, Bezhigo Binesiikwens, Nigigoonsikwe, Wacha...
The traditions that surround girls and their dance regalia and the process of learning how to dance.

Racism Must Stop

Azomali Obisakin | In-Progress
A documentary short exploring the impact of racism on the lives of children and adults.

Dian Fossey; A Hero

Produced by:Lora Batchelor Middle School
This is a film about the life and career of Dian Fossey.

Amelia Earhart

Annika Smith & Quinn Reynolds | Lora Batchelor Middle School
It is a documentary about Amelia Earhart and how she is a hero.

Sky so Blue

Gehrig Blackburn | Pacific Elementary School
A poem appreciating the wonders of nature.

The Morning Mist

Mateo Sotelo | Pacific Elementary School
A poem about the beauties of the different times of the day.

Waking from a Dream about Forests

Maeta Gray | Pacific Elementary School
A poem appreciating forests

The Ocean

Trillium Russell | Pacific Elementary School
A poem about nature

The Perfect Wave

Avery Quilici | Pacific Elementary School
A poem about the ocean and the beach.

Fungi to the Rescue

Produced by:6th Graders at Pacific Elementary School
Pacific School students interview student researchers at UCSC about their work with FUNGI

Organizer created on 11/28/2022 3:04:16 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 9/25/2023 9:38:17 AM by Laura Nietzer