Finn Conway

by Noah Moreau from Fort Collins, Colorado

My hero is Finn Conway. Although I wouldn't call him my hero to his face, he is a great guy and deserves to be recognized as someone to trust.

Finn is my hero because he reminds me of how to live life to the fullest even though he is wrong about what is right sometimes. He always knows how to make me happy. When I met Finn, I was not very cool, but neither was he. As we hung out with each other, we realized that being cool isn't the thing that you need in life, and that all you need is people who actually care about you. We have been friends since 4th grade and have taught each other many things.

Finn makes the sad reality fun. I know that I am not the only one that he makes happy. There are a lot more people that he has made smile. Although he sometimes isn't the perfect example, and sometimes needs guidance from someone else, he knows how to act and when to act like it. Less about how he is a hero and more about him. Finn can be very inspiring one minute and then not so much the next minute. What I mean by this is when he has a reason and meaning to be respectful, he will be. When he feels like there isn't really a reason to do what he should, he does what he wants. Do not get me wrong, this is not a bad thing at all. In fact, I find this is kind of something I look up to and wish I could do. Close your eyes and imagine you have no work to do, and you are having a great time doing whatever you are doing. Would you rather ruin the good time you are having by doing something super boring or go do what sounds like fun to you. He would choose the thing that sounds like fun and do the boring thing later.

He also can have a whole different mindset at certain times. For instance if he and I are having a shared vibe where we are super in the moment and appreciate everything around us, he and I can both say something super smart, funny, or something that is just super irrelevant. Although I have no idea if we are going to know each other when we are adults, we want to make the most of our childhood. You know life shouldn't be so stressful as a 13-year-old, we shouldn't have to worry about quarantining before we hang out, we shouldn't have to worry about whether or not we are going to get a huge virus that could make us sick to death point. We shouldn't have to go to online school. We should be going into different stores Christmas shopping, drinking hot chocolate with our huge families, having fun and living life to the fullest. But instead, we have to sit at home and hope that tomorrow is going to be more exciting than today was. But that’s why Finn is such a good friend. He helps me forget the awful times that we are going through.

In conclusion, even though life right now is not what we want it to be, Finn helps me forget all of the bad things that are going on in life and distracts me by making memories for the future, and that is how Finn is my hero.