George Lucas

by Alfredo Curiel from Newark, California in United States

George Lucas

131861George Lucas Filmingwww.historicmodesto.comThe person I chose was George Lucas. The reason why I chose him was because of one movie that caught my attention called American Graffiti. The reason why I like this movie so much was because I love cars and anything that has to do with the 1900s. This movie managed to put them both together in one movie.

131863Picture of The Movie American Graffiti by George Lucaswww.downtowntucson.orgGeorge Walton Lucas Jr. was born on May 14, 1944, in Modesto, California. He grew up in the suburbs, which lead him to make the movie American Graffiti based on Modesto. Although he created many movies, there was one which marked his success and makes him now one of the best filmmakers of all time. He is best known for creating Star Wars. Star Wars made it big in 1977. This is now one of the most known movies in the history of movies.

131865Star WarsGeek.comGeorge Lucas attended The School of Cinematic Arts in 1967. In 1971, George formed what was called Lucasfilm. He creates industrial light and magic, which creates special effects for his very successful movies. These movies like Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and Iron Man made huge money. Star Wars alone made right around $1,608,419,900, which is crazy.

131866Picture of Skywalker RanchDorkdaddy.comGeorge Lucas’s net worth today is $5.5 billion. This proves his success. He went from Modesto to Bel Air in just 10 years, paying $34 million for the mansion. He lives today in Marin County, Ca. He eventually sold Lucasfilm to Walt Disney in 2012 for $4 billion. He is now 73 years old and still in the movie industry.

131867Picture of George Lucas after the release of Star Wars SoloDeseretNews.comIn my opinion George Lucas is the best filmmaker in all of history. The reason why I chose Lucas over everyone else is because he is from California and I am from the same place, so it sort of creates hope for me to make it big. Who is your favorite filmmaker?