Albert Einstein

by Andre from San Francisco

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
 Drawing of Albert Einstein
Drawing of Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein was born at Ulm, in Wurttemberg, Germany on March 14, 1879. Einstein was exposed to violin by her mother at age and became a skilled violinist. He excelled in math and was extremely intelligent, for example he was studying physics at a university level at age 11.

In 1896 he enrolled into the Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich to be trained as a teacher in physics and mathematics. He got his diploma in 1901, acquired a Swiss citizenship and got a job working as a technical assistant for Patent office. He acquired his doctor’s degree in 1905. Around 1916 during World War 1 Einstein published the General Theory of Relativity. In November 1921, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics.

Einstein was a pacifist, but that ended after he wrote a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt encouraging the study of atomic weaponry. In 1945 the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima killing 60,000 people. When Einstein heard this he was devastated for his love, a mathematical expression of nature, was used to kill thousands of innocent people.

(http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Albert_Einstein_portrait.jpg)

Albert Einstein died on April 18, 1955 leaving his theories for us to ponder. He wanted to find in science an escape from the horrors and sadness of our world.

He is my hero because of his love for science. He inspires me to be the best that I can and to do the things I love. He should be an inspiration to all because he rarely faltered from his pacifist was and his love of science. But when he does he corrects his mistake and keeps moving forward.

. albert einstein.

Duff, Richard . My hero Albert Einstein.