Carlos Santana

by Jose from Tampico

What a Hero represents for means to me, is not just to have superpowers and save people from danger; it is also a person who makes good things that Benefit other people without receiving anything in exchange.

In these times one of the person I admire and consider my hero is Carlos Santana; I consider Santana like my hero because he is one of the most famous Mexican guitar players in the world, even though he has a lot of economic issues he didn´t give up and found a way to stand out; he is the one who inspired me to start playing guitar. What I most like about him, is how he puts a lot of feeling into his songs; For example: Europe, Moonflower, or Black Magic Woman.

Carlos Augusto Santana… Well known as Carlos Santana, was born on July 20 of 1947 in Autlán de Navarro Jalisco; Mexico. He is one of the most famous musicians that played or still plays Blues Rock, Jazz Rock, Hard Rock, and Rock pop.

When Santana was 8 years old he started to play guitar, after learning to play violin. Then he and his family moved to Tijuana where he studied and perfected in guitar playing; By those times he played with some bands in Tijuana like T.J.´s. While his family moved to San Francisco, California; He stayed in Tijuana to improve in his own style and sound of guitar. Years after, he meets with his family, then he studied English and kept practicing guitar in San Francisco.

In 1973 Carlos Santana married with Deborah King and is Father of 3 children.