Marc Garneau

by Alexander from Bradford, Ontario

I Like Adventure
Marc Garneau and his crew  (Canadian Space Agency)
Marc Garneau and his crew (Canadian Space Agency)

Did you ever wonder who flew the space shuttle or was the first Canadian in space? My story will help you answer these questions.

Marc Garneau was the first Canadian astronaut in space. Marc Garneau flew the first shuttle called Challenger. At NASA Marc Garneau worked as a cap com (capsule communications ). Marc Garneau was vice president of the Canadian space agency. He ran for office in the federal election. Marc Garneau went on a mission logged over 677 hours.

Marc Garneau (Canadian Space Agency)
Marc Garneau (Canadian Space Agency)

Marc Gearneau was born in February 23, 1949 in Quebec City. Marc Garneau attended school in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec. His university he attended was of The royal Military College of Canada. He later became Chancellor of Carleton University. Before Marc Garneau came to NASA he worked on the HMCS Algonquin . He was an engineer. Marc Garneau made a towed target simulator for the weapons officers.

Marc Garneau (Canadian Space Agency)
Marc Garneau (Canadian Space Agency)

Marc Garneau shows courage, companionship and discipline. He shows courage by going into deep space. He shows companionship by working with other people in a small shuttle. Last but not least Marc Garneau shows discipline by working hard in school and training hard in NASA.These are three of the character traits Marc Garneau shows.

Space Station and Space Shuttle (Canadian Space Agency)

Marc Garneau inspires me to learn more about space and other planets. Some of Marc Garneau challenges where being the first Canadian astronaut in space. He had to work hard in school with discipline. These are some of Marc Gearneau challenges.

Marc gearneau was a crew member of seven. Marc Garneau is now retired from being a astronaut. Now you know a little about Marc Garneau. the first Canadian astronaut in space.While I did research about this project, I learned more about astronauts.

Marc Garneau - NASA
The MY HERO Gallery - For the Gallery Page dedicated to Marc Garneau, also by Alexander from Bradford.