Marilyn Monroe

by Rachel from Fresno

Marilyn Monroe Entered This World With A Birth Name Of Norma Jean Baker. She Was Born On The First Of June Of The Year 1926. She Was Born in The Los Angeles County Hospital. Norma Was A Foster Child. She Lived With A Variety Of Foster Parents Until Her Mothers Best Friend Grace Mckee Became Her Legal Guardian. Her Mother Was Not Able To Care For Her Because She Was Mentally Unstable. By The Time Norma Was About Nine Years Old, Mckee Allowed Her To Wear Make Up And Curl Her Hair. That Was Until She Had Gotten Married Then Sent Norma To An Orphanage. She Was Then Sent To Live With Her Great Aunt Olive Brunings, And It Is Thought That Norma Was Sexually Assaulted By Olive's Son. Biographers Have Stated That It Led To Her Later Behavior, Including Substance Abuse.

By The Age Of 16, She Escaped Her Sad Life By Marrying 21-year-old aircraft plant worker, Jim Dougherty, Who She Then Divorced 4 Years Later. By This Time She Had Began To Model. She Started Off Modeling In Bathing Suits, Then After She Bleached Her Hair Blonde, Then Posed For Pin-ups And Glamour Photos. Soon After That, The Businessman Howard Hughes Had Tried To Get Norma To Do A Screen Test, But Was Beaten To The Punch By  20th Century-Fox. They Had Signed Her A Contract That Gave Her $125.00 per Week For 6 Months. She Had Then Changed Her Name To Marilyn Monroe.

Marilyn Monroe Had Then Started Appearing In Small Films Including 'Love Happy' and 'All About Eve'. She Found Her Fame In 1953 With 'Niagara', 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' and 'How To Marry a Millionaire'. In That Same Year, She Started To Date Baseball Player Jo DiMaggio. Soon After That a Nude Spread Of Her Showed In Debut Issue Of Playboy Magazine. Monroe Had Got Her Fame. The Nude Photos Had Spread And Caused A Scandal With Her Studio, So She Had Then Admitted She Posed For The Photos Because She Was Struggling To Pay Her Rent. The Public Had Created Some Sympathy For  Her.

You Can Say That Marilyn Monroe Had A Pretty Well Achieving Life, But It Really Wasn't All That Great. Behind Her Smile She Felt A lot Of Sadness And Pain. On August 5, 1962 They Had Found Monroe Dead At Her Los Angeles Home. She Was Only 36 Years Old. By Her Bedside , They Had Found An Empty Bottle Of Sleeping Pills. There Were Rumors Over The Years That She Had Been Murdered, But The Cause Of Her Death Was Officially Discovered That It Was Certain To Drug Overdose. She Was Buried In Her Favorite Emilio Pucci Dress, Which Was Known As a "Cadillac Casket". It Was One Of The Most Expensive Caskets Available, Made With Heavy-Gage Solid Bronze and Lined With Champagne-Colored Silk. During Her Career, Monroe's Films Made More Than $200 Million. Today She Is Still Recognized As The World's Most Popular Icon Of Beauty and Sex Appeal, And Is Also Remembered For Her Sense OF Humor & Style.

She Now Just Lies Heavenly In The Ground,

So May She Rest In Peace