Mia Hamm

by Amanda from Calgary

web (i made it)
web (i made it)

Why I chose Mia Hamm is because I really love soccer, and I play soccer myself. Also, because she was born with a clubbed foot. Clubbed foot is a disease that you are born with and makes your foot go all weird and it makes it really hard to play soccer or any kind of sport or activity for that matter. If you don’t get some treatment for it you will have to walk on your ankles. If you walk on your feet too much your feet will start to hurt. I think that Mia Hamm is a great soccer player who has gone through a lot of troubles like being born with a clubbed foot and she had to wear corrective shoes as a child.

gold medal (i made it)
gold medal (i made it)

Mia Hamm has lived in many places like: San Antonio, Texas and Italy. She played organized sports from a young age. When she was only fifteen she joined the women’s national team, becoming the youngest person to play for the team. Mariel Margaret Hamm is better known as Mia Hamm. She was born on March 17, 1972 in Selma Alabama. She is a retired soccer player.

national team (i made it)
national team (i made it)

Mia Hamm is well known for playing soccer in the women’s national team of the U.S.A. In 1991 the women’s national team won the FIFA world cup for the first time. Mia Hamm had become the youngest American woman to win the championship cup at the age of nineteen. On May 22 1999 she had broken the all-time international record with her 109th goal in a game against Brazil in Orlando.

portrate  (i made it )
portrate (i made it )

Hamm lead team the U.S.A. to a gold medal in the summer Olympics in 2004. In March 2004 she and her former U.S. teammate were exempted in the FIFA 100, a list of the top 125 greatest soccer players selected by Pele. In a game against Australia in July 2004 Mia Hamm scored her 151st international goal. She holds the record in that category for any player girl or boy. Mia Hamm also led her team to a gold medal at the 2004 summer Olympics.

The Official site of the soccer association - My Hero playes soccer.
Welcome to the Mia Hamm Foundation - For more about Mia Hamm.