Police Officers

by Jesse from Palermo

Police officer standing next to his car (internet)

My heroes are police officers, all kinds of police. I don’t have a favorite. Police are people who try to keep the world safe. Their job can be dangerous.

How they keep the world safe is hard. They chase and arrest criminals. They also hand out tickets to people who speed and run stoplights. They also handle dogs that detect dangerous substances and bomb disposal.

Police don’t live anywhere specific. They live in a house like other people. I don’t think they live at the police station. They can go on vacation and be away for a while though, too. There are police all over the world. They can live near you or far away.

Police live today, and have lived for a long time. Police were first used in ancient times. The first place was Egypt. They could be bodyguards, mercenaries, and normal police.

Police officers are important to me because they help people. They catch robbers and criminals. They help in other ways too. That is why they are important to me.