Roberto Talamantes Reyes

by Betzaida from Glenview

My Hero
My Grandpa the Hero (By: Betzy)
My Grandpa the Hero (By: Betzy)

Who’s your hero? My hero is my grandpa because he taught me how to do things the correct way like in multiplication, Spanish and riding my bike. That’s why my grandpa is my hero!

First of all, my grandpa is my hero because he taught me the easiest way to do multiplication. The easiest way to for me is like this: Let’s say it is 4x8=32 so then if you have trouble with let’s say 8x4. It’s going to be the same answer as 4x8 because it’s a turnaround fact. That’s why multiplication is easy for me and why my grandpa is my hero!

Second of all, my grandpa is my hero because he taught me Spanish the correct way. Teaching me Spanish means that someone teaches you how to say the correct word in Spanish. For example, I always said la roja puerta but the correct way to say it is la puerta roja. He also helped me in saying the correct sentence in Spanish. When I was a baby when I used to say I’m waiting for you, I used to say te stoy perando. The correct way to say it is estoy esperando. The way I used to say it meant I’m peeling you. So my grandpa would tell me the correct way to say it. I had to say it over and over until I knew how to say it the correct way. That’s also why my grandpa is my hero because he taught me Spanish.

Lastly, my grandpa is my hero because he taught me to ride a bike. That means he showed me and then grabbed the seat behind me so I wouldn’t fall. For example, he showed me how to ride a bike. He acted like he was on a bike. Then he started to grab my leg and started to pedal with my feet. Another example, is that he held onto my seat and then I had to learn how to steer the bike and peddle. That’s another way my grandpa is my hero.

To be sure, my grandpa is my hero because he taught me how to do multiplication, Spanish, and how to ride a bike. To me, my grandpa is the best because he is my hero!

The MY HERO Gallery - For Betsaida's stunning portrait of Grandpa and hero, Roberto Talamantes Reyes.