Shirley Temple

by Cassie from Lincoln

Shirley Temple Black,Cassie H (I made this picture in Art class.)

Picture Shirley Temple Black being an actor, then quitting, then rising again as ambassador. Shirley was born April 23, 1928. Her mother Gertrude and her father George took her to try out a part in a movie. The director instantly hired her. Did you that if the children were misbehaving, they would be put in a dark, hot box with a block of ice in it? She made many movies and all of them were great. But soon the director ran out of money to make more movies. So, that very day she was fired from acting. But later in life, a director came and visited Shirley’s house. He hired her, and she was back in business making many more great movies. This man was from Fox studios. As Shirley’s fortune grew, she got a new house and went to Palm Springs. Her mother didn’t have to worry about money very much. As Shirley was making more movies, she thought being a movie star was great.

On her second job as a USA representative the United Nations, she did many contributions. She first had to establish a new image. Some people teased Shirley. And some people who worked there asked for Shirley’s autograph. They all couldn’t resist. As a USA representative, she traveled to many exciting places. Many people still thought of her as a movie star. But even though being a actor was great in her early years, she still loved her job more than acting any day. Then one day, she got fired from this job. Shirley’s husband Charles Black, her three children, Susan, Lori, and Charles Jr. and Shirley bored a plane to leave New York City. She boarded the plane in tears. You could tell she very sad. Then later, President Ford offered her a job as chief portal. But she lost that job too. Then finally Shirley Temple Black became ambassador. Her family was very proud.

There were many things impressive things she did while on her journey to becoming ambassador. Did you know that the first man she married was John Agar? Many things went wrong then. One night, Shirley took baby Susan out. John didn’t know where she was. When John came back from a late night dance club, Shirley’s lawyer was waiting for him the heartbreaking news. After some talking to, they decided to get divorced. Then, while she was still lonely, she went to her favorite vacation spot, Hawaii. There, she met Charles Black. They decided to get married. Then, a movie offer came out to star in Shirley Temple’s storybook starring all of her family. Who knows what Shirley will do next? Go back to acting, becoming the first women president? But whatever she does, it’s going to be great!!!