William Jefferson Clinton

by Shayaan from Fremont

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.
Bill Clinton at age 4.
Bill Clinton at age 4.

Bill Clinton was born on August 19, 1946, as William Jefferson Blythe III in the city of Hope, Arkansas. His father was killed in a car accident three months prior. His mother left Bill in the hands of her parents to study nursing. In 1950, she returned and married Roger Clinton, and the family moved to Hot Springs, Arkansas. He adopted his stepfather’s name of Clinton at age 14.

In 1978, Bill was elected as Governor of Arkansas. At the time, he was the youngest governor in the country. He lost re-election in 1980, however reclaimed it 2 years later. During the 1992 presidential race, Clinton was a relative unknown. He lost the first primary to Tom Harkin. After coming in 2nd to another nominee, he energized his campaign as “the comeback kid.” He went on to win most Super Tuesday primaries and went on to secure the Democratic nomination. Clinton later defeated then current president George H. W. Bush by exploiting his declining popularity, the economy slump, and his switch of policy. All of these factors were bolstered by the fact that the Republican Party was in disarray following the fall of communism.

He was re-elected in 1997, where he defeated Republican Bob Dole. He remained a popular president through the end of his term, although the Lewinsky scandal tested this. He also authorized Operation Desert Fox. He also launched the first White house website. At the end of his term, he was popular.

In 2004, he released an autobiography called “My Life”. In 2008, he helps and continues to support Hillary Clinton in her campaign. He is my hero because it took enormous courage, and resolve to take up the mantle of commander.

wikipedia.org - A comprehensive summary of Bill's life.
thinkexist.com - A list of quotes by Bill Clinton
whitehouse.gov - A summary about the life of Bill Clinton