Wayne Gretzky

by Liam from Calgary

"A good hockey player goes where the puck is. A great hockey play goes where the puck is going to be."
Wayne Gretzky web (I made it  with Inspiration (I did)
Wayne Gretzky web (I made it with Inspiration (I did)

My hero is Wayne Gretzky because he is very inspiring to me as a hockey player. He showed me that smarts is just as important as strength in hockey. He's athletic, determined, quick and skilled. All those qualities of him inspire me. That's why I chose him as my Canadian hero.

This picture is a portrait of Wayne Gretzky. (I drew it myself. (I did)

This is a bit of his personal life: He always played hockey in the cold. Eventually his parents made a patch of ice by leaving the sprinkler on all night. He played with much older people when he was very young. Wayne was 2 when he got his first pair of skates. When he played hockey in the NHL, Wayne's number on the back of his jersey was 99. When he was six he got on an Atom team with the jersey number 11. He was born on January 26, 1961.

This is a picture of Wayne Gretzky playing hockey. (I drew it myself. (Me))

Wayne Gretzky had many achievements. Here are 12 of them: Wayne played in the NHL. In the NHL he won the Stanley Cup 4 times. He scored 50 goals in 39 games. He accomplished the title of the best hockey player of all time. He was the captain of the Edmonton Oilers. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. He was so good that after he retired, no one else in the NHL was allowed to wear his jersey number. Wayne won the Hart Memorial Trophy in the first year of his NHL career. Wayne was the first Canadian to be named Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year. He was named the "Sportsman of the Year." The Canadian Press also named Gretzky Newsmaker of the year. He lit the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic torch. Those are some of my hero's, Wayne Gretzky's achievements.

That's some Wayne Gretzky's achievements and personal life. He's definitely inspired me so that's why I chose him as my hero. I like him a lot and I hope you do too. He is a hockey legend now. I hope you like my page.

I got most of my information from a book called 'Wayne Gretzky Greatness on Ice' written by Jessica Morrison and published in 1984. I also got some information from the Wikipedia.

wikipedia - It has lots of great information on Wayne Gretzky.
Wayne Gretzky - Stats - NHL.com - Players - It has lots of stats of Wayne Gretzky and other NHL players.
Wayne Gretzky hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com - It has Wayne Gretzky's stats, coaching and awards.
Wayne Gretzky Biography | Gretzky.com - It has Wayne Gretzky's stats, records, biography, moments and more.
Wayne Gretzky - Stats Bio And More! - It has Wayne Gretzky's stats, biography and more.