Yolanda Gutierrez

by Jackie from Newark

Don't do anything that you're gonna regret in the end.

My hero is my mom Yolanda Gutierrez Lopez . She’s my inspiration because she helps me out in life, she gives me advice and makes it through anything. She is always there for me when I’m going through trouble. She’s raised me my whole life and I understand what we go through in life because of her. She’s taught me so much about everything from like walking to potty training and being and staying in school. She has never let me down. My mom is a faithful person. She will always be there for you. She is always smiling like when you fall in love and all you do is smile with happiness. She is an interesting person. Her hobbies are being with family.

My mom has always been there for me when I was in trouble or was about to be. My mom would always come up with something and i would be saved. She has helped me make it through anything in life. Like in school, when I had boy drama, she would give me advice and it would always work and be so true. When you get to know her like I do, she would be like your new best friend right away. She can help you through anything or anyone. So then I understand why - it’s to help us have a good healthy and happy life!

She is very important to me because she has taught me how to cook, clean laundry, everything you need to know in life to make it through. Now that I know how to do all of that, I cook for my family now so my mom won't have to do all the work. And she can get better than she already is. My mom has recently gotten a sickness so now I need to help her in everything since most of my brothers and sister have left or been too busy to help out. What I do now is go to school try my best to do good and go to a good college to make her proud and happier then she is and I go home after school and help her around the house and in anything she needs me in.

My mom has inspired me so much because she has showed me that anybody can do anything because if she can make it through with one kidney then so can I with both! I love my mom so much. She had my older sister at a young age and had to raise her with my father at a troubling stage so like I look up to her a lot about her past and how she has made it through but when it comes to nowadays it's a little difficult because she isn't comfortable in the United States and how everything is in the world.

In conclusion my mom is the best person in the world. I'm so happy she's my mom and i can have her with me and supporting me like she has been this whole time. I'm lucky i have her still here with me and is still making it through her sickness. Having her here with us makes us happy because if we didn't have her now we wouldn't even be here by now since she's the one who taught us everything we know now.