Brian Westbrook

by Joe from Deer Lodge, Montana

(http://www.nfl.com)
(http://www.nfl.com)

Brian Westbrook is a running back for the Philadelphia Eagles. He was named to his first-ever Pro Bowl in 2004 and he also lead the league in receptions as a running back. Brian Westbrook has, on two separate occasions, gained 50 yards receiving and 50 yards rushing in the same game. Brian Westbrook went to Villanova and has been in the NFL for 5 years. Brian Westbrook just signed a new contract with the Eagles, which will keep him till 2010.

Villanova retired his jersey during their homecoming football game against Rhode Island. Brian Westbrook was also named to be one of the Athlon Sports Magazine top 25 players in the NFL. The Dallas Cowboys head coach said he is a very versatile back and he makes big plays on the run or pass. Brian Westbrook suffered a Las franc foot sprain this season when the Eagles played against the Seattle Seahawks.

Brian Westbrook had the most touchdowns for the Eagles. Brian Westbrook is a running back, but still he ranked first on his team in receptions. The Head Coach for the Atlanta Falcons said Westbrook is a very experienced runner and he also said people have to redo their game plan for him.

Brian Westbrook does a lot of charity for people. For example, he hosted Charity and Celebrities for the past two off seasons. Westbrook also likes to watch a lot of mob movies. THE Godfather and Carlitos Way are just two examples of what he likes to watch. Westbrook received several written-in votes in 2003 for the Philadelphia Mayoral election.

The defensive coach for the Eagles calls Westbrook Seabisquit for his game-winning gallop against the Giants. In 2003, Westbrook organized the Westbrook Bowl. He posed with his mom on a magazine cover for Mother's Day.